Angled screw channel

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what to do to mill an angulated screw channel crown or bridge on a VHF S5 mill using VHF dental cam V.7.08.00pP11 software.
If I just nest without identifying the angle I have to manually adjust sintered zr to fit the ti base.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what to do to mill an angulated screw channel crown or bridge on a VHF S5 mill using VHF dental cam V.7.08.00pP11 software.
If I just nest without identifying the angle I have to manually adjust sintered zr to fit the ti base.
I don’t know that cam but figured I’d share the basic hyperdent protocol and maybe it’ll help since it’s the weekend.
I have to make sure the margin is marked and identified and then make sure the screw channel is properly identified. I also make sure there aren’t two screw channels identified which sometimes happens and that’s when the sintered crown won’t fit for me. So if there are two, I delete the one that…I can’t remember which one without being in front of the screen😬
I also have to set the milling direction to the Ti base and not the angled screw channel.

Again, not sure if any of this converts to your software but maybe?

Good luck

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals, tech support did one for me via team viewer but it was pretty fast and I caught bits and pieces. I saw him identify the margins, screw channel and the area that slides onto the ti base. That crown did not fit at all. Next day tech support told me I should not scan the ti base and use the implant library, he tried again with the same crown. I did not see him id the margins that time, only screw channel and the part that fits the ti base. That one worked just fine. The tech support guy did not feel like talking the first go so I only got bits and pieces of the steps I need to do. Second time he just texted me. So I am not sure if I need to id the margin or not.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals, tech support did one for me via team viewer but it was pretty fast and I caught bits and pieces. I saw him identify the margins, screw channel and the area that slides onto the ti base. That crown did not fit at all. Next day tech support told me I should not scan the ti base and use the implant library, he tried again with the same crown. I did not see him id the margins that time, only screw channel and the part that fits the ti base. That one worked just fine. The tech support guy did not feel like talking the first go so I only got bits and pieces of the steps I need to do. Second time he just texted me. So I am not sure if I need to id the margin or not.
If you are on face book there is a VHF dental users group that could be more help then tech support. Your reseller sucks sorry to say, this is why when buying any type of mill of printer get a reputable support company not just the cheapest price!

FB group link

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I run all my vhf mills off of Wieland DS cam no issues doing ASC Maybe look into getting a better cam software.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
damn, there's a special wikipedia from vhf with descriptions.

damn how can you scan ti base and not use scanbody damn.

--->Drilling is what you looking for<---

When using scanbody you do not define cavities, but only drilling holes.
if you are scanning ti base, sometimes you need to figure out where the cavity is.
always set drilling holes at ASC.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score

if you are scanning ti base, sometimes you need to figure out where the cavity is.
Thank you for the info

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score

What do you mean "cavities" You define the screw channel, and by "cavity" do you mean intaglio surface that slides onto the ti base?
Also do I need to define the margins of the interface with "dots"?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have Preciso CAM from Jensen and occasionally I'll have issues getting the angled screw channels to identify in CAM? I can mark it but it take numerous tries anyone have a solution as calling in and waiting gets old. Preciso is Hyperdent repackaged.....thanks!!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Does Hyperdent mark angulated screw channels generated by Exocad? Mine come in rarley but I have Preciso which is Jensens version of Hyperdent?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Preciso predates the newest and better versions of hyperdent. you'll just have to keep trying to mark them manually, or get on HD proper.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
You can ask support to make a video clip for later reference.

Top Bottom