An opinion about Imes icore 150i?

B

botospaula

Reaction score
i am in a dilemma and i dont know what milling machine. for a bit of info, i want to mill zirconia because i already have one for wet milling. i was thinking about a rolland but i don't have accessible support here. i don't have a big workflow for now
i am grateful for any opinion :)

V

vanzyl

Reaction score
also interested to hear any reviews about the imes icore, between that and the ivoclar programill dry

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
As far as I have heard about imes is, only machine from them to be considered, is 350i

rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
Hello! We are a laboratory from Argentina, and we have been using an Imes 150 since July 2022. It has not caused us any problems, and it's very easy to use! We chose this brand for its robustness, spindle power, and low maintenance requirements. Today, we are looking for a second machine, but the only limiting factor is the price, as it costs twice as much as a Roland machine (27,000 USD vs 49,000 USD).

G

Gassou

Reaction score
i am in a dilemma and i dont know what milling machine. for a bit of info, i want to mill zirconia because i already have one for wet milling. i was thinking about a rolland but i don't have accessible support here. i don't have a big workflow for now
i am grateful for any opinion :)
After months what was your choice?? I am in the same dilemma….

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Skip it...experiences from buddy of mine...Machine is a joke and I have Roland for zirconia and how much problems he had in first year....I hadn't had in 5y with Roland...

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of people saying to skip it, but I've been in a huge lab where all they use are Imes machines including the 150i, and they seem to be satisfied 🤷🏻‍♀️
Guess it's not the best thing ever but it gets the job done

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Avoid it. There are problems that are not allowing you to mill. If you have many machines, you can manage your jobs, but if you rely on only one, then you have a problem. Imes do not care if you can't mill for example a month or more. I had 250 pro, that is basically 150 with loader and I had only problems. Machine was unusable and I waited parts for over a month. When reseller changed the parts, I was able to mill one unit and after that the machine did not turn on. I swapped it for 350 pro.

Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
For basic all-around zirconia dry milling I'd go with a Roland, if you can find a way to get local support. They're affordable workhorses for basic zirconia dry milling, they're our bread and butter for single/smaller units like crowns and bridges. I've heard reasonable things, mostly, about the 150 series, but you'll pay a lot more for it than you will for a roland that will perform comparably for almost all the dry zirc milling might do.
We run a 350i and it's a great mill for metal, when everything is cooperating, but I have a lot of grievances with the horrible ergonomics and half-assed CAM implementation and general lack of polish compared to, say, an ivoclar pm7.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I can argue about the comparison of Roland and Imes zirconia output being comparable. I had 3 rolands (2x 52DC, 1x 52DCi) and switched them all because the output is not even half of what imes (even s*itty 250 pro) produces. They are different ballpark. Roland wins on simplicity and reliability, but not on the quality of output. But I can agree about the CAM part.... 350s software is quite bad... They have now newer one, that will be used on their X series 350 machines, but the software had many issues with 250 pro and it is the same one used.

Last edited:
B

botospaula

Reaction score
After months what was your choice?? I am in the same dilemma….
we got the imes-icore 150i and so far we are satisfied. want also to mention that i don't have a big load so we don't mill very much

Top Bottom