Am I crazy for wanting to trade my Exocad Galway Ultimate dongle for 3Shape?

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
I bought this software for doing digital dentures and my workflow doesn't work with using the pontic module work-around hack. As much as I like the other modules, they're more for hobby and personal interest and what I really need is something that doesn't produce massive amounts of bugs and errors like the denture module in exocad does. The scummy guy that sold it to me outright told me its broken and called me ignorant for trying to use it. I've had it for about 3 months now and at this point I'm just fed up and want nothing to do with any of the other modules just because I have such a bad association with exocad now. But is switching to 3shape the way? I'm not a fan of a company that sells you something and then makes you pay for a subscription to use what you already paid them for.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I bought this software for doing digital dentures and my workflow doesn't work with using the pontic module work-around hack. As much as I like the other modules, they're more for hobby and personal interest and what I really need is something that doesn't produce massive amounts of bugs and errors like the denture module in exocad does. The scummy guy that sold it to me outright told me its broken and called me ignorant for trying to use it. I've had it for about 3 months now and at this point I'm just fed up and want nothing to do with any of the other modules just because I have such a bad association with exocad now. But is switching to 3shape the way? I'm not a fan of a company that sells you something and then makes you pay for a subscription to use what you already paid them for.
How much for the dongle and which modules? You might do better simply selling it.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
How much for the dongle and which modules? You might do better simply selling it.
I have no idea on price which is why I haven’t listed it for sale. It’s the ultimate, so it’s all modules.
3shape videos make it seem so much more straight forward so I can delegate it to staff. I’m just worried I’ll get 3shape dental system and feel like I sacrificed the freedom exocad will give me with everything else just to get better denture stuff. But I have to do something, right? I can’t spend all my time trying to piss around and make exocad denture module work and dentures are 90% of my patient base. I spent 3 hours last night (not kidding) trying to fix some strange bug with denture base adaptation that popped up out of nowhere and had no choice but to sit their and fiddle with it since it’s for a surgery case tomorrow.
Only other issue I’ve had with other modules is with the articulator tool, so all the other modules are worth keeping but I can’t afford 3shape without selling the exocad off because my wife didn’t want me getting exocad in the first place and after I sold her on it being game changer for us and then falling on my face, I’ve got no credibility on the subject anymore.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
get 3 shape on trial or do a proper exocad course i think you are better off spending some money on proper training than moving systems all the time. i would bet you will have 3 shape headaches as well.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So you bought a hacked version and are complaining about it?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
get 3 shape on trial or do a proper exocad course i think you are better off spending some money on proper training than moving systems all the time. i would bet you will have 3 shape headaches as well.
3 shape recommends 2 Extra Strength Tylenol prior to each upgrade.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what exactly seems to be the problem ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not sue what you mean by pontic hack, but maybe your better recourse would be to transfer to someone with better support.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ah i see. from your previous post you mentioned wanting to make dentures in exocad using Ivoclar teeth.

well, 2 things prevent you from doing that: 1. this library is not available to the general public in exocad or 3shape because 2. the ivoclar digital denture process is a locked process under their service+ or unlocked by purchasing their mill.

as to New Hue, dentsply has several moulds available in the stock denture teeth, and New shade plus i'm starting to see a pattern.

you're trying to use traditional denture teeth offerings where many companies have created special new offerings for digital denture manufacturing. for example Dentsply's denture teeth that are made for digital are Genios, Portrait IPN, and IPN3d. Henry Schein's digital teeth are VITA VIGO.

3shape will not solve your problem. none of these are available in 3shape either.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
you have it 3 month and no glue how much it cost ?? and bought Ultimate for digital dentures and you need help beside a doctor

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hacker's don't support the software after the sale.
some software vendors also offer poor support - if he was directed to do this to work around his denture tooth limitations i'd completely understand the support just not being there when he needed it. its a poor trick. very suboptimal.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and i don't see where he mentioned he had a hacked one?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
"the scummy guy who sold it to me" Deal

How much did you pay for it? Simple way to find out if its legit

C

charles007

Reaction score
How many times does the word Support need to be said when buying any Cad/cam system.
Cad programs are only as good as the Support you Pay for one way or the other. We are no longer in the era of using Ceramco porcelain that almost anyone could use trouble free back in the day of non-digital.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
I didn’t hack anything. I paid for my license so please shut up with your disrespectful nonsense and learn to read please.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
I paid between 10-11k for ultimate and 4-5k for exoplan

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont think its disrespectful, 16 g is a lot to pay someone who doesnt support your purchase.. You can buy it on ebay for like $350 so its a legit question..

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
Is that a legit copy of exocad for that price? I don’t understand how I’ve never been told/shown this before. Everyone I know personally spent roughly what I spent to purchase the software. I’m very confused (and a bit enraged) by this price vs what I paid. Something doesn’t add up.