Alloy

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
What is the suggested (from this group) mark-up on alloy?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We weigh the metal after cutting it off the sprue, then add 0.3g (per unit) for casting losses...this amount gets billed with 60% markup...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We weigh the metal after cutting it off the sprue, then add 0.3g (per unit) for casting losses...this amount gets billed with 60% markup...
It's been so long since I have cast metal, but i did forget to mention that it is a must to add a few grains for casting loses. At least two.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Still stacking old school also, and I don't see the $$ reasons to press single unit crowns to metal.
I can understand the reasoning for press bridges, but I will pass and use zirconia..........
Markup now 35++;)
fyi: I do not use NP alloys, but I sometimes use DPM with N and HN alloys from Argen if I don't cast inhouse........
Strictly using DPM on full cast gold crowns........:)

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What is the suggested (from this group) mark-up on alloy?
We used to do 30% of cost and when weighing add .2g for each sprue.
Depends on how sloppy you are as to how much you need to markup or add. And how big/thick your cutting disc is.

Weigh before cutting and then the total after cutting and see how much you lost per cut. Then calculate how much you loose on splatter. We all lose some, but a good average measurment of your casting well for 1 year may be around 50-150g for various reasons.

What markup do you need to pay for that and still make your target profit off of it?

Somewhere I have a chart...

Edit: er... somewhere I had a chart.

Last edited: