All things GC Initial

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for Initial users to share and explain their build up techniques, etc. We have lots of threads for E.max and other porcelains, but I know a lot of people are using Initial and I think it would be great to see some real world examples. I hope Nicely will add to this! I have every modifier for every kit of initial, and sometimes its a bit overwhelming, Id love to see what others are using.

Here is something to start it off.. Not perfect by any means, but this was a tough match. Broken buildup on ZR abutment *not mine. Replaced with custom gold abutment and PFM with Initial MC.
Shade was a wierd mix of C2 and D3. Weird surface texture on #8.. I shouldve taken notes on the porcelain I used but needless to say it was a good mix of 5-6.

I hope people will post cases and ask questions!

brokenimplantcentral.jpg IMG_0867.jpg
brokenimplantcentral.jpg IMG_0867.jpg

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Looks very nice. We have been using the Initial for just short of 7 years now, really nice gear. Have the Ti and Zr kit and just last week bought the Mc kit. Will try and post somee cases we have done
All the best Pete

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I love how the UK boys are the first to post! Good to know Im not the only one up on this side of the pond..

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I love how the UK boys are the first to post! Good to know Im not the only one up on this side of the pond..

They aren't the first ones up. They're just stumbling home from the pubs at that hour. :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
:bump2: Heres a few more GC initial cases.. All MC. Nothing spectacular. 3 unit bridge I wouldve liked to have back and make a little warmer.. This is where the right INside material really helps, but unfortunately I never got to see the patient, this was a tricky case. Couldve closed the lateral embrasure more.. :/

IMG_0958.jpg
Next is a Implant bridge. Full mouth of long crowns. Tried to match the root exposure from the preop photos.

DSC_6083.jpg

Last is an implant molar.. again nothing special, just posting up some initial because theres not a lot on this forum. I dont think these do the porc. justice. My photo skills are terrible.. I have a lightbox on order, so well see how that helps.
implantmolar.jpg
DSC_6083.jpg IMG_0958.jpg implantmolar.jpg

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
They look very nice Affinity , congrats ! I will attend a Initial course this weekend . I am thinking of going Initial for zir . Any tips ? Obviously you like it for zir !!! I am currently using e.max ceram but it is too expensive and I am not thrilled with the result .

M

martintay

Reaction score
Nice, is it along the lines of Creation ? I did a coarse with Dirk Galle and really liked it (GC-Ti porcelain) The ceramic had a nice "depth" appearance to it !

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use initial on ZR also, its great stuff. Lots of fluorescent modifiers and deep chroma modifiers, so you can really get great depth on ZR. I would order the INside shade guide and order them a al carte because you dont need all of them. If you use it for production and do not use the INside, you need to either opaque a shade darker at the cervical, or mix in a little INside with your dentin, because for me the shades are in the light side, but the shades really do match the the Vita guide, just needs more chroma. Fire ZR 20'c higher than the book. This is from he mouth of the Master olivier tric. He can do some amazing things with GC.

To martintay: This porcelain actually is a form of Creation. Its formulated by them, I recall a link on this forum with an Initial material ID that mentioned something about Creation.. Maybe someone else knows more.. Cant speak for creation, havent used it but a handful of times. I know a lab that uses the willi geller glaze kit on initial and it works amazing, but its so expensive.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
. Fire ZR 20'c higher than the book. This is from he mouth of the Master olivier tric. He can do some amazing things with GC.

I have seen his work . After that I thought I would change profession , the man is a genius ! Such an inspiration !

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I use initial on ZR also, its great stuff. Lots of fluorescent modifiers and deep chroma modifiers, so you can really get great depth on ZR. I would order the INside shade guide and order them a al carte because you dont need all of them. If you use it for production and do not use the INside, you need to either opaque a shade darker at the cervical, or mix in a little INside with your dentin, because for me the shades are in the light side, but the shades really do match the the Vita guide, just needs more chroma. Fire ZR 20'c higher than the book. This is from he mouth of the Master olivier tric. He can do some amazing things with GC.

To martintay: This porcelain actually is a form of Creation. Its formulated by them, I recall a link on this forum with an Initial material ID that mentioned something about Creation.. Maybe someone else knows more.. Cant speak for creation, havent used it but a handful of times. I know a lab that uses the willi geller glaze kit on initial and it works amazing, but its so expensive.

GC is made in the same factory (Klema) as Creation.
As far as getting more chroma at the gingiva I used the opaceous dentins.
Since the majority of the crowns I make are for patients as old as Methusalah.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Can u share to me a link with what GC has in arsenal ? lusters pastes i am very interested in , and how is their porcelain is sold ? only 1 powder for all vita shades and u then stain it with the luster paste ? it has a good paste opaques ?
Ty
Edy.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
GC is made in the same factory (Klema) as Creation.
As far as getting more chroma at the gingiva I used the opaceous dentins.
Since the majority of the crowns I make are for patients as old as Methusalah.

Not "just" made in the same factory, the guy who owned the place was selling up and GC bought the place quick, so its now there R&D centre as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We're loving the GC up here too.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Nice, is it along the lines of Creation ? I did a coarse with Dirk Galle and really liked it (GC-Ti porcelain) The ceramic had a nice "depth" appearance to it !

Martin --Not anything like creation IMO--But i got addicted to Jim Emmons nu build lite liq many yrs ago and it only works on certain porcs .Doesnt work on porc that u have to build wet and ad and add and add.

If u build to full contour while condensing -add ur anatomy however u do youll see a big difference

A

Arkhalon

Reaction score
Hy! I am GC users too. I use every day MC, and i look a ZR-FS to my zirconia works. Anybody use a Reflective Liner? I make a Zr-Fs on e.max press and its looks very well.
photo.php

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Can you explain this reflective layer Arkhalon?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hy! I am GC users too. I use every day MC, and i look a ZR-FS to my zirconia works. Anybody use a Reflective Liner? I make a Zr-Fs on e.max press and its looks very well.
photo.php

You mean flourescent Dentin? Mixed with inside?

Top Bottom