All things GC Initial

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have accepted the hours , the cheap doctors , the lack of social and personal life . I love what I do . But there are some times that I just want to put some glass on a frame , listening to my music and actually enjoy it , not only do it to pay the bills . So that's why I do all that stuff during the weekend or late at night . Unfortunately , I have biscuit try in this Friday for the FMR case , want to finish it before I go to the iDS . Wish me luck fellas !!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have accepted the hours , the cheap doctors , the lack of social and personal life . I love what I do . But there are some times that I just want to put some glass on a frame , listening to my music and actually enjoy it , not only do it to pay the bills . So that's why I do all that stuff during the weekend or late at night . Unfortunately , I have biscuit try in this Friday for the FMR case , want to finish it before I go to the iDS . Wish me luck fellas !!!
Good luck! It's 3 something am there? Get some sleep, that case will be waiting for you in the morning.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have been having issues firing LF over MC for corrections. I used to do this all the time in the glaze and it fired out fine.. For adding contacts, filing holes etc.. Now it always fires out chalky.. like its under-fired.. . Im running it on the glaze program with vacuum...

Anyone else notice this? What am I doing wrong.. ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have been having issues firing LF over MC for corrections. I used to do this all the time in the glaze and it fired out fine.. For adding contacts, filing holes etc.. Now it always fires out chalky.. like its under-fired.. . Im running it on the glaze program with vacuum...

Anyone else notice this? What am I doing wrong.. ?

I am using the corrective for that . Have heard lots of horror stories .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thanks drizzt, I will have to buy some more.. I actually forgot they make that haha.. Im not sure what Im doing different, or if my oven is just different (which would be weird) but I swear it just doesnt fire like it used to..

The thing is, GC says that LF is made for this. Going to an initial lecture at the end of the month, I will ask then.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
thanks drizzt, I will have to buy some more.. I actually forgot they make that haha.. Im not sure what Im doing different, or if my oven is just different (which would be weird) but I swear it just doesnt fire like it used to..

The thing is, GC says that LF is made for this. Going to an initial lecture at the end of the month, I will ask then.

When you ask please share . I am interested in this one . Thanks .

P.S. Who is the instructor of the course ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
“Understanding the World of Initial Ceramics” Michael Cumbie, CDT Sponsored by: GC America This comprehensive lecture will cover all components of the GC Initial Ceramic Line. Attendees will learn how each powder is designed to be used as well as alternative uses for each powder to create desired effects"

Its at a state dental meeting in Washington. There are only 4-5 courses, but this sounds good. 3 hours of initial!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
That would be great!i actually broke out the EOP3 yesterday. A3 with CLF, TM1 and EOP3 with 59 skin. These kits are great but I would love to see someone really show some tricks and tips with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey guys , latest case , it will fly all the way to Russia , so keeping my fingers crossed it will be seated !! Zirconia framework , layered with GC Initial zr Fs . I had to copy an old bridge for the shade , so I tried to keep the characterizations low , and focused on shape .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice job again,

When wil the dr be Putin them in? :bear:

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Really nice job Drizzt! Really enjoy your will to share, and seeing your growth as a tech over a few years time.
Love the surface texture and separation of the teeth! So important to get those two things good...
One question; how do you decide between different layering ceramics? Initial and e.max for example. See you post a bit of both, how du you compare the two?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Really nice job Drizzt! Really enjoy your will to share, and seeing your growth as a tech over a few years time.
Love the surface texture and separation of the teeth! So important to get those two things good...
One question; how do you decide between different layering ceramics? Initial and e.max for example. See you post a bit of both, how du you compare the two?

Hey Kaypan , thanks for the nice words !

I decide what ceramic to use , depending on the case . I have been working with e.max longer compared to GC . So , I think I know it a little better . Each system has its pros and cons . For example , opal powders of e.max are second to none . But , you need to be careful with the TI powders , because they tend to turn grey if they are used in big portions , and this causes the drop in value with e.max . GC opal powders are not of my liking . I hate having to mix porcelain from 3 different bottles to get a noce bluish opal . With e.max , OE1 , best powder in the world ! Straight from the bottle ! On the other hand , GC has less shrinknage , and especially for posterior , this is a big advantage . My morphology is not getting rounded up , or disappear . It stays there after it is baked . For anterior , I am using mostly e.max ceram . And most of them are one baked .

So over all , it depends on the case , on my mood , and if I have more units so I can make the wash firing of them all at once , etc .

I am off now , I have one single central to do before easter vacation , wish me luck !!!

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
Does anyone have a formula for GC initial Zr bleach shades conversion from an emax BL1 - BL4 shade guide?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
GC LiSi has been awesome. Great material

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
My e.max ceram has been chipping and it's never over 1mm in thickness, and since I've always felt worried about using it for zr I'm ready to ease into buying some GC porc. What the freak do I buy? GC Intial...what? The website lists Initial IQ but isn't that just the body and incisal in one stuff? Where do you guys buy from?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My e.max ceram has been chipping and it's never over 1mm in thickness, and since I've always felt worried about using it for zr I'm ready to ease into buying some GC porc. What the freak do I buy? GC Intial...what? The website lists Initial IQ but isn't that just the body and incisal in one stuff? Where do you guys buy from?

I am more comfortable with a higher fusing porcelain for zirconia. GC must have that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You will want to buy the initial zr-fs for layering zirconia. But you will also want the INside powders for zr.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

I have a full kit of Initial Zr Fs for sale if you are interested

Top Bottom