"All on 4" long term care

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have a friend who went through Clear Choice to get his max arch restored. What is the protocol for cleaning these restorations. How many times a year? How Often should the screws be replaced?

Somewhere I read that implant screws shouldn't be torqued in more than three times. Is that correct?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who went through Clear Choice to get his max arch restored. What is the protocol for cleaning these restorations. How many times a year? How Often should the screws be replaced?

Somewhere I read that implant screws shouldn't be torqued in more than three times. Is that correct?
I wouldn't want to ever suggest torqueing them but one time. Ever. Some deform slightly to allow a better 'bite' into the mareials they join.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
When I do have to redo a implant restoration, I always get a new abutment screw.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

I would say it also depends on fluid seal/tissue intimacy of the pontic in maxilla. If it's tight, not much seems to determine under there.
Definitely replace screws.

S

SukritiS

Reaction score
The screws on dental implant won't be loose as often if it is a good quality dental implant.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
screws need to be replace each time you unscrew them, very important as stated because when you torque them they bend a little to seal the position.

As cleaning since it a wrap-around it depend, don't underestimate how much bacteria can be under hidden even if the outside is super clean and even if your friend is very good on his dental hygiene.

Maybe he should start with cleaning every 3 month and adjust if it seem too much. IMHO

Best

Top Bottom