All on 4 case how to charge conversion fee?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
???????? I'm in.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
None of that worthless Canadian ?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Dumb question here Tom, but how will you connect the guide base portion to the dental portion after the surgeon is done with what
they do?
I assume you have a milled PMMA surgical template, so it is a layered PMMA puck, or a printed
PMMA material you can lute/bond to after the temporary abutment is picked up?

Thanks for sharing your list - helping everyone out.
As for material/equipment to pick up parts at the clinic, I prefer to use something like light body
material or Teflon to block out instead of wax or cotton pellet when I pick up the temp,
and I prefer a separating disk to shorten the temporary abutments.
LCM

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Another dumb question Tom: Can you just leave it as a traditional denture if the implants don't torque out well and achieve primary stability? I have been to several cases now that have looked good on a CT, but when you get in there, things aren't as they seem, and we end up bailing on the conversion; leaving the patient in the denture.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I think most labs will bring a denture (conventional) and a fixed version to provisionalize if you have
done this often enough. And if it is a milled/printed version, does not take much to do that.
Some All on 4 conversions are converting existing complete dentures to a fixed prosthesis,
so the patient already have their old dentures.
We would just duplicate their old ones to prepare the conversion.
Many ways to skin a cat, the key is the thought process, like how to get the cat in the bag . . . ;)
LCM

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The thing about surgery is you can run into a lot of problems.

What if you open a cyst where the implant goes along with a ton of other problem lurking in the warm dark of the mouth.

The reason you want a surgeon to do this is they get paid to make the on the fly decisions, not the lab.

Luckily its a gamble that works almost all the time.

Turning the One and Done into a denture chair-side is doable.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Agreed. In my experience, GP's and Perios use CT guides, OS's freehand, and in general, do a better job. I have been to enough cases where extraction sites are mush, bone reduction is needed, and houndsfield units don't tell the whole story. I use a denture, and convert chairside. Im doing 2-3 cases a week, and its the most predictable method for me.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
The thing about surgery is you can run into a lot of problems.

What if you open a cyst where the implant goes along with a ton of other problem lurking in the warm dark of the mouth.

The reason you want a surgeon to do this is they get paid to make the on the fly decisions, not the lab.

Luckily its a gamble that works almost all the time.

Turning the One and Done into a denture chair-side is doable.
PM me more info, i'm intrigued to try

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We will sell you One&Done but we do not at present let anyone but our company produce them but we do sell them to a few selected labs.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Dumb question here Tom, but how will you connect the guide base portion to the dental portion after the surgeon is done with what
they do?
I assume you have a milled PMMA surgical template, so it is a layered PMMA puck, or a printed
PMMA material you can lute/bond to after the temporary abutment is picked up?

Thanks for sharing your list - helping everyone out.
As for material/equipment to pick up parts at the clinic, I prefer to use something like light body
material or Teflon to block out instead of wax or cotton pellet when I pick up the temp,
and I prefer a separating disk to shorten the temporary abutments.
LCM

We will be doing some infomercials in the Dallas area soon and you will be on the short list. PM your email when you get a chance an I can email you some step by step info.

S

SoleTech

Reaction score
I get $1800/arch. That includes denture, clear surgical "guide" (duplicate denture) and my time. No one has scoffed yet, and I usually do 2-3 per week.

As far as the parts; it depends on the surgical practice, your rep, and the GP. More often than not, I find the surgeons are picking up the tab, but the GP does in some instances. Generally speaking, the parts add around $1000 to the case. I do keep a consignment of parts from a couple of the companies on hand. Its easier than having to order and return all the time.

In regards to time, the vast majority of my cases are in the 3-4 hour range, start to finish. If you are finding your cases are taking 5-6+ hours, there is room to streamline there, or the surgeon is on the slow side.
hello , would you say that the pricing is relatively the same right now in 2021 ? How were you able to find Dentist that were interested in your services? Are they mainly Prosthodontist , oral surgeons or General Dentist?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
have you guys heard of double milling yet .its where you mill the occlusal buccal palatal. then the dentist scans or takes the impression of the placed implants we mesh it mill the fitting surface and holes in about an hour glue the cylinders in .presto perfect fitting all on 4 bridge done they can get it back after the impression 1.5 -2 hours no sitting around the surgery waiting and converting bloody messy dentures.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
hello , would you say that the pricing is relatively the same right now in 2021 ? How were you able to find Dentist that were interested in your services? Are they mainly Prosthodontist , oral surgeons or General Dentist?
Sorry about the late reply. Been absent here a while...

Our pricing has since gone up, and we now have a retail on the Conversion service of $2250. We also now have a mobile van that can better service our client's needs, and makes it much easier on the tech doing the work. We haven't seen a slow down, nor have we encountered much pushback on the price. Most of our business is word of mouth. We average 2-4 arches per week, some weeks as many as 6, and we are currently booking into June 21.

The bulk of our clients are OS or Perios. We have a good rapport with the Implant reps, and we have grown mainly on the consistency, good planning, and being able to fix some "challenging cases".

Attachments

• DSC_6278.jpeg
    DSC_6278.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20181018_153143.jpg
    IMG_20181018_153143.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 32
S

SoleTech

Reaction score
No problem about the delay it was worth the wait 🤩 very impressive! I have further questions I would love to ask you ! Can you email me at [email protected] if you have the time ? I would definitely appreciate it

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
have you guys heard of double milling yet .its where you mill the occlusal buccal palatal. then the dentist scans or takes the impression of the placed implants we mesh it mill the fitting surface and holes in about an hour glue the cylinders in .presto perfect fitting all on 4 bridge done they can get it back after the impression 1.5 -2 hours no sitting around the surgery waiting and converting bloody messy dentures.
oh i heard of it.