Aligning an imported STL in 3shape designer

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've imported a diagnostic done in exocad into 3shape designer but the orientation is off. (Almost looks like its aligned with the lower)

I want to use it as a preop to help me design the implants.

I've looked through 3shape designer but i can't find an align option. I did see a video with an add/align tool on the sidebar however i don't have this feature in 3shape.

How can i align it?

I'm now wondering if it's to do with how i saved the orientation when i saved the STL on exocad.

I'm new to the cad/cam area so i may be picking your brains a little more often!

Thanks in advance

Craig

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
First ensure you are in expert mode and then right click on any of the buttons on the right side of the menu and you should see that there are some boxes unticked, tick those boxes and you should see more buttons open up.

A

adl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've imported a diagnostic done in exocad into 3shape designer but the orientation is off. (Almost looks like its aligned with the lower)

I want to use it as a preop to help me design the implants.

I've looked through 3shape designer but i can't find an align option. I did see a video with an add/align tool on the sidebar however i don't have this feature in 3shape.

How can i align it?

I'm now wondering if it's to do with how i saved the orientation when i saved the STL on exocad.

I'm new to the cad/cam area so i may be picking your brains a little more often!

Thanks in advance

Craig
Expert mode , fifth icon box from the bottom , right side of the screen

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

I will try this tomorrow!

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
Misinformed. Retracted. Cheers CHL