Aligners

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Aligners.....?
Can I ask if anyone out there is doing aligners on a slightly serious level? I would love Invisalign or clear correct to respond. My questions relate to 3d printers for models and also software for virtual setups the thermo form material of choice. i dont want KFCs secret herb and spice recipe. I,m just after a dirEction so I can work out if its worth doing in a population of only 20 million people.
As a side note I run 3shape ortho module for my virtuals and use Erkodent products as my staple for my thermo forms....in anticipation

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive tried asking this on another thread, and for 6 months its gone unanswered.. good luck!

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
This is my second time in 3 months also. At least I got your answer. Thanks Affinity
Regards Patrick

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
From What I Understand Even Great Lakes Doesnt Use The 3D For Aligners And Can Only Do Up To 3 Sets At A Time. AOA/Aleese I Think Is Still Being Sued Do To The Over 100 Copyrights Invisalign Has.As A Small Lab U R Less Lkely To Get Sued. Do It On A Large Basis And The Vultures Will Find You....Thats My Understanding.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I think printing models and doing a suckdown might be the easiest option. Does the ortho module output just a model or can it output the retainer aswell?

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
It is I think the easier option Labwa. Just making incremental adjustments and saving the models for a print run. Doing the clears over the top. The ortho designer will make a design for a splint but then you are limited to the material and time to mill or print it and the materials are getting a lot better now. I am looking forward to trying Erkodent dual laminate in thinner profile to their splint materials. It should prove to have a nice elastic force on a toothe that needs to be moved. Thanks for the input Chief and Labwa.regards

-Pat

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just bought a biostar :) Im at the point where I would rather make a few simple retainers in an hour than spend all day making a PFM to compete with the $99 standard price..

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Really happy to see you walk on the wild side Affinity :)) I hope you can get your crown and bridge clients into ortho really quickly.Bleaching splints and snap on smiles look like the way to go with your new Biostar. ;) have you seen this sort of stuff before?...http://www.snaponsmile.com/
-Pat

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Really happy to see you walk on the wild side Affinity :)) I hope you can get your crown and bridge clients into ortho really quickly.Bleaching splints and snap on smiles look like the way to go with your new Biostar. ;) have you seen this sort of stuff before?...http://www.snaponsmile.com/
-Pat

Ive heard of the snapon smile, but how do you fabricate in a biostar? Thanks

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
A poor mans way is to just to do a diagnostic wax up, duplicate the model(hopefully you have some teeth still present for it to snap onto) then thermo form a tooth coloured blank over the top. Erkodent sell blanks in the lighter vita shades