Aligners seating correctly

F

Fiona mackenzie

Reaction score
Hi
I am producing aligners 10- 30 per week from alginate impressions useing a iconic vacuum former, the problem is every now and again the aligner wont seat correctly, my procedure is the same for all casting, heat, drop, cooling, trimming, polishing, I have always replaced the ill fitting aligner free of charge, but I do feel it is more than likely to be the impression, could I ask anyone their thoughts

A

Abed88

Reaction score
you are right it is the impression alginate is not precise enough also you should not use a vacuum former you should use pressure former like ministar or biostar

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am producing aligners 10- 30 per week from alginate impressions useing a iconic vacuum former, the problem is every now and again the aligner wont seat correctly, my procedure is the same for all casting, heat, drop, cooling, trimming, polishing, I have always replaced the ill fitting aligner free of charge, but I do feel it is more than likely to be the impression, could I ask anyone their thoughts
Keystone makes a pressure dome to fit over the square suck down machines movable member and connects to an air hose.

After getting the foil down, you put this overtop and the air pressure pushes while the suction pulls. Cools it to freeze position by air flow if you leave a gap for a second.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Fit the cast, not the mouth. Mouth isn't your responsibility.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi
See if its everyone or the same office every time. Or if theres a float assistsnt at only those offices. Make sure its what snd where before you chsnge anytbing to fix it or you wont know what you are also breaking.