Align buys Exocad

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I was a little whigged out yesterday when I started getting flooded with text messages about the press release. After talking to a few people and letting it soak in, I'm thrilled
that Dentsply or Henry Schein were not the purchasers. It could have been a lot worse.
It's hard to say at this point. I don't think anything will change but I sure have enjoyed the drama.
Dentsply has Sirona so Uncle Hank may have to act. I could see Straumann partnering with 3 Shape in some manner.They seem to enjoy the " pay through the nose" market.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think 6 years on April 16th. I can remember the date but not the year. Congratulations to both of us.
I visited Havana a few years ago.I tortured myself by going to a tobacco shop. The smell was heavenly.
Very tempting to have a cigar or two with some rum. I just had the rum.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It's hard to say at this point. I don't think anything will change but I sure have enjoyed the drama.
Dentsply has Sirona so Uncle Hank may have to act. I could see Straumann partnering with 3 Shape in some manner.They seem to enjoy the " pay through the nose" market.
Straumann got duped into purchasing Dental Wings from Uncle Hank a few years ago. Maybe they will just buy the Danes operation outright. They could corner the market on implant supported hearing aids?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Straumann got duped into purchasing Dental Wings from Uncle Hank a few years ago. Maybe they will just buy the Danes operation outright. They could corner the market on implant supported hearing aids?
I forgot about DW.
Man, it's hard to keep up.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn, but it's been 43 years since I had a smoke. I quit at 23 after sucking down about 3 packs a day. I love the smell of cigars, but refuse to do anything more than smell them. If I get cancer I will be in a pot smoke filled room 24/7.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn, but it's been 43 years since I had a smoke. I quit at 23 after sucking down about 3 packs a day. I love the smell of cigars, but refuse to do anything more than smell them. If I get cancer I will be in a pot smoke filled room 24/7.
When I met you a year or so ago I wouldn't have guessed you were such an old geezer. You definitely do not look your age.
Congrats on giving up smoking.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I still love walking by people smoking and getting a little second hand, but I don’t get the urge to light up.

doug

doug

Reaction score
When I met you a year or so ago I wouldn't have guessed you were such an old geezer. You definitely do not look your age.
Congrats on giving up smoking.
I can't figure it out. I embrace my Geezerness. I think because I got married later, had kids later, and still enjoy hanging with my kids it has helped. We went to the Virtual Reality gaming place a couple of weeks ago to kill zombies.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Man, I am reading this discussion and I feel you pain, did I miss a lot? because never smoked nor drank!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You only missed the pain of trying to give it up.
35 years for me since my last Newport.
Newports? That begs the question, have you ever served time?

Seriously, Chee s in quitting. One of the hardest things I have done.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You only missed the pain of trying to give it up.
35 years for me since my last Newport.

If I was as smart at 15 as I though I'd've waited till I was 60 or 70 to start smoking. Still inhaling the things. I'm not a smoker, I'm a sucker.

Closer to quitting. In the last month went from20-30 a day to a pack lasting me 3-4 days.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If I was as smart at 15 as I though I'd've waited till I was 60 or 70 to start smoking. Still inhaling the things. I'm not a smoker, I'm a sucker.

Closer to quitting. In the last month went from20-30 a day to a pack lasting me 3-4 days.
You just have to keep trying.
I failed many times trying to quit.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Funny and Agree. And I do know what you mean about that stat regarding menthol users ;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score

It’s hard, but it’s worth it. You have to decide you are never going to smoke again, if you do that any of the aids will help take the edge off. None of them will work if you don’t. I used patches and I was off them in 6 or 7 weeks. The hardest part was going from 21mg’s to 14mgs, so don’t rush that.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If I could have smoked a half dozen a day I’d have never quit. I couldn’t and I can’t. I’d inhale anything, cigarettes, cigars, pipe, rope, whatever. I loved smoking but oddly enough I don’t miss it or crave them.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It’s hard, but it’s worth it. You have to decide you are never going to smoke again, if you do that any of the aids will help take the edge off. None of them will work if you don’t. I used patches and I was off them in 6 or 7 weeks. The hardest part was going from 21mg’s to 14mgs, so don’t rush that.
I have stopped smoking 'real stufff' inside. I did get one of the vape things. Again. Had 2 or 3 before which were messy, troublesome and didn't work that well. This time I got a decent - er one and it is helpiing. Just concerned now about the deposits the PG is making.

It's rough. I have to stay sane and calm for the Amazing Mrs as her health flares bad when she's upset. But neither of us want me to keep smoking.

I also love smoking. Had an MD once tell me it was fine if I only smoked 5 a day. That did not did not help. can't keep it there, it goes up.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What my doctor told me a few years before I quit was that really lung cancer is pretty rare, even among smokers, but everyone will get emphysema if they keep at it. I decided I didn’t want to have to lug an O2 tank to a deer stand.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I chose the patches because I didn’t want to trade one expensive habit for another one. The patches are easy to get off of. 21,14, 7 and done. I know people that quit smoking by vaping but they’re still vaping.

Top Bottom