Align buys Exocad

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Well there was the big freak out a few years ago when an investment company bought a portion of exocad.
It was going to be the end of the world. I forgot all about that and had to look up the name of the Carlyle group that made the purchase today for this post.
0% of my work flow changed and I didn't lose money, my businesses have grown using this software and I have been sleeping
a bit longer than I have in decades. I'll adhere to A. E. Neuman's advice and keep doing what I do.Never know how it's going to play until all the cards are down.
\Worst case scenario, I hitchhike to Zero's pot farm down south and see about getting a job.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well there was the big freak out a few years ago when an investment company bought a portion of exocad.
It was going to be the end of the world. I forgot all about that and had to look up the name of the Carlyle group that made the purchase today for this post.
0% of my work flow changed and I didn't lose money, my businesses have grown using this software and I have been sleeping
a bit longer than I have in decades. I'll adhere to A. E. Neuman's advice and keep doing what I do.Never know how it's going to play until all the cards are down.
\Worst case scenario, I hitchhike to Zero's pot farm down south and see about getting a job.

The VW bus broke down?

1583423437235.png

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm happy for Tillman and Larry, and all of the people at Exocad. They have worked very hard to provide an outstanding product. They had to sell part of it out from under the university a couple of years ago because that's the way they do it in Germany evidently. I think that the software will continue to progress with more of a focus on chairside. We all know that's the direction that a portion of the industry is going. I don't think that every office in the world is going to go to that business model. There are still a lot of dentists who understand that their tiime is best spent prepping and seating restorations. Them scanning with an output to an open softwrare like Exocad will mean that more labs will get the opportunity to accept work without a high license fee(I hope) to bring that work into their lab. I now understand why the Dentalshare aspect of Exocad got so much attention in Chicago this year. Webview has sold a lot of dentistry for the dentist and consequently that work came to us. Dentalshare will raise the bar for the offices that have Exocad chairside.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

dc-Cover-2ge5hqulrlnq9qcm0gg9rkc0g3-20161108154201.Medi.jpeg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm happy for Tillman and Larry, and all of the people at Exocad. They have worked very hard to provide an outstanding product. They had to sell part of it out from under the university a couple of years ago because that's the way they do it in Germany evidently. I think that the software will continue to progress with more of a focus on chairside. We all know that's the direction that a portion of the industry is going. I don't think that every office in the world is going to go to that business model. There are still a lot of dentists who understand that their tiime is best spent prepping and seating restorations. Them scanning with an output to an open softwrare like Exocad will mean that more labs will get the opportunity to accept work without a high license fee(I hope) to bring that work into their lab. I now understand why the Dentalshare aspect of Exocad got so much attention in Chicago this year. Webview has sold a lot of dentistry for the dentist and consequently that work came to us. Dentalshare will raise the bar for the offices that have Exocad chairside.
I'm interested to see how 3 Shape responds. As you know, 3S has been in legal battles with Align for some time now.
Maybe Align will introduce an annual subscription but if they are intent on " sticking it" to 3S then I doubt things will change.
3S is being challenged from all angles now . I hope in the end, we labs will benefit from all of this but somehow I doubt it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Testing and QC department?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I was a little whigged out yesterday when I started getting flooded with text messages about the press release. After talking to a few people and letting it soak in, I'm thrilled
that Dentsply or Henry Schein were not the purchasers. It could have been a lot worse.