AI in the dental world

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, what do you think of the AI in the design of pieces? I believe that in a few years computers will do jobs that 80% of customers like.
What do you think about it?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I think you may be correct. However as history has shown, technology will not improve the human. It will devolve critical thinking to a point that cost/ demand will skyrocket for that 20%, and then through natural causes will be unavailable.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
heres what AI is currently doing:

* reading x rays to detect caries
* placing dental implants
* designing single unit prosthetics
* nesting all prosthetics intelligently
* computing corrected toolpaths for new part geometries

if you are only now thinking you can train to design or manufacture digitally, you are 10 years too late.

all we need is an AI receptionist to answer phones and book appointments, and the entire spectrum of work will be foundationally complete. labs and clinics will be primed to use robots instead of people in short order.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The entire spectrum of work will be foundational complete. labs and clinics will be primed to use robots instead of people in short order.
Well, yes. But we are still humans and a lot of things we think that may go extinct, wont, since most of us do like the human interaction, as a matter of fact, we need the interaction! I think the last couple years showed that clearly (forced isolation etc)

An example, Airplanes could fly autonomously already, but do a survey and see how many of the passages prefer that?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Well, yes. But we are still humans and a lot of things we think that may go extinct, wont, since most of us do like the human interaction, as a matter of fact, we need the interaction! I think the last couple years showed that clearly (forced isolation etc)

An example, Airplanes could fly autonomously already, but do a survey and see how many of the passages prefer that?
Well no one wants to go to their local Walmart, stick your head in a kiosk hole, zip zip, and slide card to pay $25k.
AI and machines are based on revenue and ROI. Which means only deep pockets can have them. Now that creates a monopoly for awhile to capitalize on. Then later manufacturers will throw those under the bus with the $19,999 (*financing available) version for the rest off us, then on to the next fad.

Been going on since the industrial revolution.
Computers, cars, phones, ect.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I bet this exists already....
Matter of fact, AI is doing all our email correspondence, replies to massages with very little human input. And it does a really god job. I've seen AI paired with voice recognition and synthesizer software doing clerical jobs. Pretty soon customer assistance, tech support and the like jobs will be completely replaced with AI. There will some push back of course, to little effect IMO.
This is the 4th industrial revolution, either adapt or become obsolete.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I've been watching programs on Ai and soon it will not only have our jobs, it will think up and manufacture without any human help, other ways we never thought about to make teeth. In fact I could say a few sentences and Ai could take my mannerisms and bad spelling and take my place on the forums lol

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind pedaling a bicycle...
Black Mirror “15 Million Merits” anyone?

"Bing (Daniel Kaluuya) lives in a room surrounded by screens that wake him up, serve as a video game console and feature regular adverts. He rides on a stationary bike to generate electricity in exchange for "merits", which he needs to pay for his daily cost of living."

G

grantoz

Reaction score
see how it goes with a dentists who owns a cerec that thinks he or she can do it better.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Computer, pick the best ones and make it shiny!:cool:
years khan GIF