AG Mikro 4x 1000 hrs maintaiance

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
Hi,

I have AG Mikro 4x mills and one of my mill has reached to its 1000 hrs maintenance. can any one help me out with costs for such maintenance as my local vendor charging me exorbitant price like 1.46 Euro/min.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
AG makes some great mills, unfortunately, their maintenance and repair costs are very high, even in the states.

Maybe someone here will have some ideas or suggestions as far as maintenance.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When I worked on copiers, fax machines and tue like in the 90's we charged $72.50/hr. But if you wanted to take the cance of messing something up would sell you tue stuff to replace in the machine.

Most preventative mantenance is cleaning, lubricating, verifying and adjusting to metrics and the rest is replacing worn parts and some handwavium.

user name

user name

Reaction score
At 1000 hours, that tool should have made you over half a million bucks. Now a tune up is too expensive?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That's a good point, I didn't even click to the amount of hours. That is a lot. There should be a reserve of $$ set aside for CAD/CAM parts and maintenance as in general, it's not cheap.

Last edited:
deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
we just had our mikro 4X serviced a few months ago, and AG charged us around $1500 USD. It was alot but they came to our lab and did the service on site. They replace alot of wear and tear parts including but not limited to cables, collet, interior light. They also opened the machine and inspected EVERYTHING and I mean everything, and cleaned everything, making our Mikro look brand new. Also if you have multiple AG mills you should look into maybe getting one of your techs certified to be a service tech. That way if you every need servicing on your machines you can do it yourself, and also help out other labs in your area who have the same mills. Not sure how much the training is and if it offered everywhere, but might be something to look into.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Garland dental services AG machines also if youre in the TX area.