AG Ceramill users unite!

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference? Comparing exocad ‘s Dental share from their website and AG’s webview seems (to me at least) to be exactly the same.
What am I missing or not seeing??

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference? Comparing exocad ‘s Dental share from their website and AG’s webview seems (to me at least) to be exactly the same.
What am I missing or not seeing??

My understanding is the two are related, but also different. It would be nice if someone from exo could elaborate more on this.

Dental share.png

Dentalshare is a way to collaborate between others on the exocad dentalshare portal i.e send CAD scene files and or stl files for production like a File Transfer Protocol site.

Webview Link.png

The Webview link can be shared via Dentalshare, but it is also a way to communicate with clients or others that are not on the Dentalshare network by providing a HTML link that is viewable in a web browser.

webview 1.png

Copy and send the link to your victim.

webview 2.png

They click the link and presto.....

web view 3.png

It is in a web browser and it is navigable with a mouse without any fancy 3d software.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
same same but different dental share is to transfer simple said stl s versus real cases not ****ing pictures

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
2thm8kr, thanks for that info.
Let’s see if I have it correct.
AG Webview let’s your clients ‘see’ everything you can (rotate, zoom, view antagonist, jaw scan etc etc) just like on my computer.
Dental share does all that plus you can open in any cad program (stl) and work on it some more or start production.

Correct? :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
2thm8kr, thanks for that info.
Let’s see if I have it correct.
AG Webview let’s your clients ‘see’ everything you can (rotate, zoom, view antagonist, jaw scan etc etc) just like on my computer.
Dental share does all that plus you can open in any cad program (stl) and work on it some more or start production.

Correct? :)
More or less. You would have to have exocad to open the CAD scene file.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Like I said, I just got a response from Amann on FB when I asked if they supported it, they said no, this was less than a month ago.. Does anyone know whats going on?? I get the update emails, and I never noticed this as an update.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
Hey did you hear that?? That’s the sound of crickets..
Could have sworn Jesse @EP replied to my post saying that he has multiple customers with Medit scanners and Sprintray printers that work with their AG software seamlessly. Especially since they sell Sprintray to go with AG stuff. “Their techs can handle it” and it’s “unacceptable” they told me they can’t do it. “Get back to you Tuesday” he said.....that was the day after Memorial Day.
Wow, now I can’t find his post... that’s pretty weird.
I thought he knew the products he sold..Why would he remove his response? Do you think maybe he is promoting something he may not be informed about? Something is fishy here.....
Still waiting jessie@ep. Esthetic Professionals.

Sorry I was offline, my apologies.
Hey did you hear that?? That’s the sound of crickets..
Could have sworn Jesse @EP replied to my post saying that he has multiple customers with Medit scanners and Sprintray printers that work with their AG software seamlessly. Especially since they sell Sprintray to go with AG stuff. “Their techs can handle it” and it’s “unacceptable” they told me they can’t do it. “Get back to you Tuesday” he said.....that was the day after Memorial Day.
Wow, now I can’t find his post... that’s pretty weird.
I thought he knew the products he sold..Why would he remove his response? Do you think maybe he is promoting something he may not be informed about? Something is fishy here.....
Still waiting jessie@ep. Esthetic Professionals.

Dr. D,
I had a meeting about your post the Tuesday after you and I private messaged to make sure if anyone contacts us with this issue that we go above and beyond to service the customer. EP has spoken to you many times since then, not on DLN, about your service and we have made a office visit to you this week to help you. So I apologize if I thought this issue was resolved. I appreciate your concern for Customer Service and we take your concern very seriously. In the future, I urge you to contact us directly. Did the Trios not work out? Thank you

Jesse

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Need some help, I just installed match2 software on an Alienware i7 with 8gb of RAM, win 10. The software installs, opens, runs fine, but the calculations in exocam take 10x longer than on my other i5 desktop. Any reasons for this? It takes almost 10 minutes to do calculate a toolpath for a single unit! Normally this is under a minute.. Still runs the mill fine, but its sucking RAM with nothing else open. There are like 5 instances of stlcalcpath.exe running at once.. not sure why that is.. It seems to be using half of the RAM. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
I believe there are multiple stlcalpath.exe running at the same time because tool path calculations can be done using multiple cores.

Is there any other program utilizing the CPU when you're in the taskmanager? Is stlcalpath taking all the RAM?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes it seems like it. I don't get it..

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
AG users, I need your help.
We are milling IPS e.max cad blocks in our Motion 2 (5 axis, but non-DNA),using the 12-position Ceramic block holder and Cerec adapters.
All components are genuine AG and the blocks are genuine Ivoclar blocks.

We scan on 3Shape D2000 and design using 3Shape 2017.3.

The issue we're having is the margins on the e.max crowns we mill are not very accurate, the crowns don't fit properly without modification and are often under-contoured.

The same file, milled in zirconia, comes out fine, but the e.max doesn't fit...
Any thoughts?

I am thinking either the CAM strategy for e.max is not as refined as the e.max one, or maybe there is vibration.
Often, we find the crown has fallen from the holder at the end when the sprue is being cut, so I know there is a level of imprecision involved.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
emax is a rather difficult material to grind in wet stage. many times it is difficult to get proper finishing because the grinding tools do not make good contact with the piece. compared to zirconia where the material is sliced off, grinding is a compressive subtraction, so there is room for the material to "bounce back" its like grinding a sponge.

what you can do is simply run the cam calculation twice. after the block is cut, let it run again. you should notice better fits if not better margins. margins though, are always in the details.

its never easy to mill emax. i suggest you to actually stop altogether and go back to pressed versions for better results.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
emax is a rather difficult material to grind in wet stage. many times it is difficult to get proper finishing because the grinding tools do not make good contact with the piece. compared to zirconia where the material is sliced off, grinding is a compressive subtraction, so there is room for the material to "bounce back" its like grinding a sponge.

what you can do is simply run the cam calculation twice. after the block is cut, let it run again. you should notice better fits if not better margins. margins though, are always in the details.

its never easy to mill emax. i suggest you to actually stop altogether and go back to pressed versions for better results.

This is good info, makes a lot of sense.
We are currently pressing 90% of our e.max with great results, but wanted to take off some pressure from that department and mill some from time to time.
With the 12 position holder, we figured we could batch a few and mill overnight.

If you were to buy a dedicated e.max mill today, which one do you think would give the best results?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the best results i ever got from emax milling came out of a Planmill, but it was about 33% chance to get a good unit out of it. between tool breaks and unsuccessful calculations this was the best result i got. 1 in 3 were satisfactory.

so my vote is to stop.

NormC

NormC

Reaction score
So I recently entered the world of milling and since there is not much info on the forum for Ceramill users I thought I would start a thread for all things AG Ceramill.

First question I have is the obvious one: who is using a 98mm fixture and how do you set it up in the CAM? I know that AG sold fixtures as a beta test but they deny it as a rumor.. also the original motion had a round fixture on it, ive seen pics on google. *** has to know more about this!

Also any thoughts on materials, techniques, rants would be great..
I have the AG Ceramill and have switched from the 71 to the 98 and won't be going back. In my experience, you get more crowns for your money with the 98 and the pucks are a LOT easier to change in and out. Just select a 98 disk in the Match screen, get out the torque wrench and change the arm.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have the first ceramill. They didn’t make a fixture upgrade for it.

Top Bottom