AG Ceramill users unite!

L

labtek

Reaction score
I learned today that AG has an adapter that fits over the Cerec mandrel and fits the AG mill. The adapter looks like the photo of the emax unit I posted.

Did i miss the estimated cost $
of the AG motion 2 mill??

L

lucky54

Reaction score
I have a question who is really using Motion 1 or Motion 2 ?
Who can share tips?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I am using the motion 1 , LA is using motion 2. Are you using motion 1 lucky? Are you still on winxp? Anyone using HD strategys on motion 1?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We will be supporting the AG Ceramill system in its entirety along with a bunch of additional AG products. We have a ton of work ahead of us. We are just beginning to dig in. This is a really big undertaking for us and we are all really exited about it.
Bob, any truth to the rumor that AG purchased all or part of CAP?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
I am using the motion 1 , LA is using motion 2. Are you using motion 1 lucky? Are you still on winxp? Anyone using HD strategys on motion 1?

I had the Motion 1 for four years and the Motion 2 since 10 months.
I love it and i am a one man show. :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Lucky, you are in Deutschland? Would you mind telling us what the motion 2 cost and if you traded in your motion 1 for it? Id be curious to know what they gave for it.. You can PM me if you want.

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Lucky, you are in Deutschland? Would you mind telling us what the motion 2 cost and if you traded in your motion 1 for it? Id be curious to know what they gave for it.. You can PM me if you want.

Yes i am german i have leased the Motion 1 and became 23000,00 tax inclusiv.
I became the price because i bought the motion 2.
do you want the whole motion2 to buy

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, any truth to the rumor that AG purchased all or part of CAP?
OK, let's put it to rest. I'm being totaly homest here. AG made zero imvestment in any ownership of CAP. We both saw the partnership as a really viable way to bring great products to the NA market. CAP will provide first line support, sales and marketing. In addition, CAP is taking on AG's US sales team effective Jan.
AG will maintain a U.S. presence in the existing Charlotte office for repair, second line support , education and they will continue marketing and provide strategic help as well.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
OK, let's put it to rest. I'm being totaly homest here. AG made zero imvestment in any ownership of CAP. We both saw the partnership as a really viable way to bring great products to the NA market. CAP willrovide first lime support, sales and marketing. In addition, CAP is taking on AG's US sales team effective Jan.
AG will maintain a U.S. presence in their Charlotte office for repair, second line support , education and they will continue marketing and strategic help as well.
Thanks for clearing that up.

C

cmsilvoy

Reaction score
I have been using the Ceramill system and Motion 2 with Emax adapters, HD strategies, Vita Enamic, Celtra Duo, GC Cerasmart, any blocks I can get my hands on from friends, Zolid, Zolid Preshade, wax, and soon....abutments.
Having the AGA team in my backyard surely helped a great deal in getting trained to use the system. Because the system is well refined, it works really, REALLY well.
And I have not EVEN started testing the capabilities of sintron.
The design of the mill really lends itself to development of new processes. I saw that 2 years ago and it has not disappointed me yet......
I'll start posting cases that i have done, and try to garner some constructive criticism.

I look forward to seeing what the CAP team can bring to the table, as I have mad respect for them and what they bring to the lab community.

Chris

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
We are super exited. I'm expectin 15 pallet loads from Austria later this week. I'm chomping at the bit to get the products into production and run all the materials through the mill (pun intended).
And, you are right, while at AG Austria, I worked with the complete solution. The level in intergration is likely unmatched in our industry. All software is so smooth from one application to the next. I was really impressed.

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Anybody used Vita suprinity? what are your experiences.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Just started using AG map400 can you go back to change a design after you close the design wizard I have tried but perhaps not using the right button keep gettin message wizard is closed

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Right click restoration then choose delete merged parts

L

labtek

Reaction score
Don't quote me on it. I believe it's in the $53K range with CAM and wet.

Bob
From your experiences with the Dwx50 and now with the AG Ceramill2, what would be the milling time in each machine of the exact same design files? IS it true that it will take 2x as long to mill the same desgin in the dwx50 as it would in the AG Ceramill 2?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob
From your experiences with the Dwx50 and now with the AG Ceramill2, what would be the milling time in each machine of the exact same design files? IS it true that it will take 2x as long to mill the same desgin in the dwx50 as it would in the AG Ceramill 2?
I don't know the answer to this as I don't have the time frame for the Ceramill. However, I would be surprised if this the case. It is possible if you are comparing the DWX50 using a high def milling stratergy and not using the Ceramill High def stratergy. Keep in mind it's easy to speed things up by reducing the quality of the finish.
At any rate, I will give it a try and report back. I will use the high def stratergy on both mills. I believe the DWX50 takes 20 minutes for the average zirconia unit. Should be interesting.

L

labtek

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this as I don't have the time frame for the Ceramill. However, I would be surprised if this the case. It is possible if you are comparing the DWX50 using a high def milling stratergy and not using the Ceramill High def stratergy. Keep in mind it's easy to speed things up by reducing the quality of the finish.
At any rate, I will give it a try and report back. I will use the high def stratergy on both mills. I believe the DWX50 takes 20 minutes for the average zirconia unit. Should be interesting.
Yes, I would like them both to be high definition strategies with the objective to get the same final mill results. Let us know what you find out. Thank you

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I placed a work order, it will be done on Monday. I will also post some photos of the units for comparative analysis.

Top Bottom