AG Ceramill users unite!

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Got a kick today when I read that AG has partnered with CAP to handle all of their customer service! Wasnt Bob the one who was telling people not to invest in this 'closed system' many times on this forum? I can only hope this is a good thing, as AG customer service in the US was not very good anyways..

Im not quite sure I understand this at all.. but Im sure Sam or Bob will be around to rock me back to sleep..

Shhhhh. Sleeepppp, sleeeep. Everything is going to be alright. Laugh

In all seriousness here is our announcement thread: Link

Very excited!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Wow,...Smart guy Bob. Now your cookin' with gas. Chicago just got very interesting indeed. Very exciting !!!Party
Thanks, We (AG & CAP) are all very excited about the agreement. Believe me, Chicago will be very interesting!! We will be launching new AG applications, materials and equipment. We will also be running loads of education in the Comiskey ballroom. Make a note, we will also be having a cocktail reception at 4:00Pm on Friday in the ballroom. All are welcome.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I never buy any AG products because they are overpriced, so that doesnt necessarily affect me. What I dont know yet is how I feel about many companies putting a middle man between you and them. AG is an innovator and maybe their resources are better spent doing that.. I can say that my mill has been problem free for the past year.. It only has a few hundred hours on it.. so I wouldnt expect too many.

I would LOVE to see more presence on this forum because I dont like dialing a phone or getting a service order number and wait for 3 days for a return call. I would love for one of the newly trained AG techs to comment on the error code I posted months ago, the last comment on this thread.. but that probably wont happen because we have to pay for that information with our contract?

Last problem, since this is the time for the 'airing of grievances' .. Ceramill motion 1 users are a bit left out in the cold .. We are expected to pay a service contract every year, but, correct me if im wrong, there will be no new updates for this mill, since they are moving the CAM to a new software, and in fact are not allowing an upgrade to a new computer with WIN7 on it, (XP is out of service) unless you pay $3000 for a new computer, from AG. They will not give you the key to unlock the software on your own pc in WIN7 unless you pay them. I dont have anything else nice to say, so Ill leave it at that.

I would love for everyone to see how superb CAPs customer service is by addressing these issues... or do we take that up with Charlotte? Hmmmm2

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Affinity,
I had sent you a PM last night. I want to try and help you out today. I have no contact info for you. Can you please respond to the PM?
Thanks,
Bob

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I thought Amann recommends Sintron only up to 5 units . Is there something different now ? For my workflow Sintron is completely useless . Even if I wasn't milling metal in-house , I would outsource to SLM . 7 euros per using is what I pay for . I am sure it is less than Sintron
Sintron has now been approved for 14 unit bridges. There are some other benefits as well. After sintering the CrCo is about 30% softer and just as strong as cast CrCo, making it easier to finish and polish.

Attachments

• IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 92
AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
zz m5 outsource wet milling emax.they all have problems with wet milling accept sirona unfortunately that's all sirona seems to do well but because of this the sirona mill cost a fortune to run and coparatively poor fits if you have any irregular margins.
Ohhh sh*t....Really ZZ M5 sucks milling ceramics with wet cooling? damn... we just received few days back whole system :( What are the issues?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Not strictly looking but CAM 5-S1 is cheaper than Ag motion 2, mills evrything in 98 size blanks CoCr also.
Wet grinding etc has some disadvatages also like CoCr milling support only 8mm-16mm blanks. But is opened for materials.

I'm still looking something for me. VHf is about 34 000 euro, just CAM with milling software.
basic CAM for VHF S1 and S2 5axis is so BASIC that I recomend to you asking Santa for SUM 3D or hyperdent Eco 5x ;)

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Sintron has now been approved for 14 unit bridges. There are some other benefits as well. After sintering the CrCo is about 30% softer and just as strong as cast CrCo, making it easier to finish and polish.
nice support design - looks lovely (y)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Affinity,
I had sent you a PM last night. I want to try and help you out today. I have no contact info for you. Can you please respond to the PM?
Thanks,
Bob

Thanks for your help, but the question I had was just a general one and not something that warrants a service call. As far as not letting me use updates that I PAID for unless I buy a $3000 pc from AG, thats something Ive already discussed with them and I dont see that changing.

Customer service is more than just tech support and selling consumables.. AG needs to listen to the customer and I dont see them doing that. Its a constant money grab.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
hey all,
We are milling e.max every day on Imes 150 and 250 with great result. In addition, while I was in Austria visiting AG I saw first hand milling of emax that looked great. They have even added a high def milling to e.max using a 0.3mm tool.
I'm thinking there are many mills that mill e.max very well.

L

labtek

Reaction score
hey all,
We are milling e.max every day on Imes 150 and 250 with great result. In addition, while I was in Austria visiting AG I saw first hand milling of emax that looked great. They have even added a high def milling to e.max using a 0.3mm tool.
I'm thinking there are many mills that mill e.max very well.

What is the price of the mill from AG that will mill Emax to an acceptable level of accuracy.
How well will the AG mill work with the 3shape d800 scanners and software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The motion works awesome with a 3shape scanner. Not sure of the price for the motion 2 mill alone.. I would say around $60k?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
that kit is brilliant lucky! Cool Idea. I wonder if you can order the model and USB data and mill in your own material... probably not.

L

lucky54

Reaction score
I will order tomorrow times and then we'll see.Hello

L

labtek

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but the question I had was just a general one and not something that warrants a service call. As far as not letting me use updates that I PAID for unless I buy a $3000 pc from AG, thats something Ive already discussed with them and I dont see that changing.

Customer service is more than just tech support and selling consumables.. AG needs to listen to the customer and I dont see them doing that. Its a constant money grab.

i appreciate the fact that you choose to discuss your experiences in an open forum discussion and not in pm! I hope that this forum can become transparent and everyone takes the information discussed with a grain of salt and apply to their own personal situations as needed. Both the buyers and sellers of services and equipment will benefit in the long run.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
AltrX don't panic if you have a wet mill zzm5 I think you will find that milling metal no probs but the emax part is the problem its hard to mill.i have no doubt zz have improved as it goes along but most people I know that have mills and that includes vhf, imez icore weiland and armin girbach and zz now outsource the emax part of their business or mill in wax and press they find it more reliable and much quicker. milling emax really ties up you machine for a long time for just a few units max ,also when you go from dry to wet and back again really make sure you clean your machine well.with you zz m5 make sure you carry a few spare coupling components for your axis drives they are not hard to repair but its a bitch when they go its probably the main problem I have had with my machine over the last 5 years I now will replace them every 12 months .the m5 is a really good machine that mills stuff others cant and can limp along even if something is not working fully like and old v8 .

Top Bottom