AG Ceramill users unite!

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
Yena is also in France, by teamviewer you can make 90% things.

In D shapes i can put 20-25 units
In 98 i can put even 40-45 units.

14 points bridges sometimes i have to send to my friends because of blank high, the highest is 25mm. Few times i needed 30mm.
I can not make full arch zolid/prettau etc. My works are bigger than D shape ....

I hate D shape in round 98 i can mill every big case.

When it comes to support, yes AG has great support in all countries.

Last edited:
A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I stoped buying milling burs and zirconia block from amann.
Zr block in amann are 40% more expensive that in other companies like kerox, degos dental, direct dental etc.

Also milling burs! 40-50%!

And i hear that amann Zr is axial pressed so it is old fashion. Better is iso pressed like in companies i mentioned.

Sintron?

For price which i can buy motion 2 i can buy vhf, zirkonzahn, yenadental which mills in CoCr and Titan.
The mould for sinter metal is only good for 100 process and after you have to buy new one which cost a lot...
Cost of coping is not so good as i calculated. When making bridges and bigger works i'm loosing a lot of material which brings up the cost.

For me?

Never AG.

Just my opinion.

Which VHF mill are you looking at and what price is it?

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
Which VHF mill are you looking at and what price is it?
Not strictly looking but CAM 5-S1 is cheaper than Ag motion 2, mills evrything in 98 size blanks CoCr also.
Wet grinding etc has some disadvatages also like CoCr milling support only 8mm-16mm blanks. But is opened for materials.

I'm still looking something for me. VHf is about 34 000 euro, just CAM with milling software.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
How much does a Sintron puck cost?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
dont know how much sintron is but I dont understand this.. why not just mill wax and cast NP.. Is there really that much demand for NP to justify the cost of buying a special furnace for it?

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
In what way is the AG system "closed"? We own the Ceramill Motion II and map 400 scanner and we have used other peoples zirc,..wax and wet milled several different brands of LiS2 (including Emax)and have also accepted stl files from other labs using 3 shape and other software with no problems. The support has been excellent out of Charlotte.What do you see as a problem concerning the arch shaped discs. They actually result in less waste and I guess you would have to try it for a while and you will see that the shape can be an advantage in many cases, also pretty much every supplier now makes them. Oh and the sintron dude...off the hook excellent. I've used Dw, 3 shape, Delcam,and I personally much prefer Exocad.I don't have a horse in the race,..I just run the machine,..but if your asking me what I think about Amann Girbach I would say "WUNDERBAR!"(that's german for "Kicks ass")

I was an early adopter of the new Ceramill system w/ Motion 2, Sintron, the entire package. It is closed is the sense that adding new fixtures/blanks, or running the mill with another CAM software is not possible. Like Affinity, we have been experimenting with finding more cost effective ways of using the mill, more on that later. Having said that, the Motion 2, and the entire cad/cam package is smooth as butter. There are rarely any errors that cannot be easily fixed, and the CAM accepts every type of stl we've thrown at it. Also, the wet milling function has made milling PMMA very predictable.

Lower cost 1 - Order PMMA, wax blanks, and tools directly from Huge dental in China. Glidewell has been relabeling Huge's stuff, at least a few years ago. Their PMMA is the standard by which I judge everything else on the market. It runs $15 per 20 mm wax disc, $16 per 20 mm shaded pmma disc, and $20 per milling bur. On my last order, we added their super translucent zirconis at $130 per 20 mm blank. We have used their products in the past for our 98 mm mill, and have had zero problems.

Lower cost 2 - Low cost milling wax. Save your used PMMA blanks and make a silicone duplicate of the outer rim (we doubled ours). Pour the mold in melted milling wax (leftover pucks or bulk from machinablewax.com). Make barbs in the outer rim of the used PMMA blank in the CAM. Take shrunken wax puck from mold and smush it into the barped PMMA holder. You will have to keep your nested designs a little bit from the edges, and you may have to use the model trimmer to plane the poured pucks prior to use.

Lower cost 3 - Lower cost, but highly wasteful zirconia. We have been experimenting with cutting our 98 mm blanks to fit into empty zolid holders. If Lower cost 1 for zirconia from Huge Dental turns out okay, then we will abandon this approach. Our main goal for this was to be able to mill bruxzir blocks for larger bridges, saving us the hassle of having to stock very thick blanks for our 4 axis mill.

Let me know if you are able to find a 98 mm fixture, and corresponding CAM stuff. We were going to try to convert a new fixture holder as it doesn't appear to be too difficult. Just being able to mill other companies' materials was worth it, and the remaining spaced could still be used in another machine, but alas, we haven't had the time to go down that road yet.

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
dont know how much sintron is but I dont understand this.. why not just mill wax and cast NP.. Is there really that much demand for NP to justify the cost of buying a special furnace for it?

Casting complex waxings can be a royal pain, especially in NP. Also, the finishing time for a sintron restoration/substructure is a fraction of the time it takes to prepare a casting. The money saved in labor, investing/devesting, spruing/despruing, etc., and consumables is roughly the same as the additional material costs and loan payments for the sintron system.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I thought Amann recommends Sintron only up to 5 units . Is there something different now ? For my workflow Sintron is completely useless . Even if I wasn't milling metal in-house , I would outsource to SLM . 7 euros per using is what I pay for . I am sure it is less than Sintron

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Are there any similar materials out there or just only Sintron ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Are there any similar materials out there or just only Sintron ?

imes icore was working on the material , but they abandoned the project . There is a company in Germany that manufactures it (can't remember the name)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips prostho! The more I look at it, the stock fixture can be cut out to fit a 98 or 95mm disk. How to do it is another story, but the screw holes in the fixture will perfectly fit a 98mm disk just inside all 4 screws. You would need to make a holder that screws in to the orginal screw holes.. AND figure out the CAM. I was told AG will be switching over to ExoCAM soon, so no more hyperdent.. Im going to keep a copy of it though for sure, but who knows if the dongle will still work when they switch.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Sintron costs us about 5 bucks per unit. We are able to use 10 mm blocks for most copings, some require 12mm and I have never used anything thicker than 18 mm to mill anything up to 6 units. How you ask? Full simultaneous 5 axis milling!! We have not tried doing longer spans yet but up to 6 units all day long with, touch wood, not even a hint of a rock,... EVER. Simple copings I can do 12 at a time from scan to nested in block in 15 min. using multi technique. Some require individual attention if an antagonist is needed for designing proper support and of course for bridges or full/part cast crowns and custom abutments. Also, thanks to Exocad everything is so quick and effortless it's just nuts. Finishing this stuff is so easy that I don't even believe it myself,..while I'm doing it!. Guy's listen,..I don't mean to sound insensitive or anything but if your still waxing, casting and finishing Np you are wasting time and money!!!! If you get a chance to try it for yourself please don't wear your pointy boots because you WILL be kicking your own ass.

PS. I don't know why I am telling you all this,...nevermind,...waxing and casting is way better ok,...enjoy yourselves fellas.Lol

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I bet the mill can be opened with CAM to fully use a 98mm disk.

Have any of you even seen One of the milling programs from the CAM to say One way or another?

Probably just standard machine code, no?

Can anyone please send me a milling program to dissect?

dropbox?

Coming from Germany, I bet she uses Open Mind CAM.
Nothing special I hope. (Unlike the KaVo which is a bastard to open)

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
How do you figure it is $5 a unit when you need to buy a special oven just for that material?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
16 k financed for 3 yrs at 4% means a monthly payment of @ $450,..22 work days per month translates to $20.45 per working day. We do about a block a day and it costs 110 per block. We average 27 units per block. That works out to about 4 bucks per unit for materials plus almost a dollar(20.45 / 27 units = 75 cents)per unit towards the note. Whoops my bad it's actually 4.75 per unit,...

T

TomMor

Reaction score
Do 4 axis mills require the use of thicker pucks than a 5 axis mill would?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
But that's not the best part! I can design and nest a block of sintron in a couple of hours no problem as long as there's not anything crazy. Then I go on with my zirconia and stuff . Before I leave I set the machine to mill it and it works while I'm gone. When I come in in the morning I just toss em in the sint furnace and in about 5 hours they are ready to finish which takes me about 20 mins. That's just how I do it anyway

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Do 4 axis mills require the use of thicker pucks than a 5 axis mill would?
Yessir. the 5th axis is the one that allows you to tilt the work in order to fit it into the thinnest block possible, among other things as well

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I bet the mill can be opened with CAM to fully use a 98mm disk.

Have any of you even seen One of the milling programs from the CAM to say One way or another?

Probably just standard machine code, no?

Can anyone please send me a milling program to dissect?

dropbox?

Coming from Germany, I bet she uses Open Mind CAM.
Nothing special I hope. (Unlike the KaVo which is a bastard to open)

It does use open mind. I can add a new fixture into the nesting software as an stl, but I dont think it will take the size of that into account when it processes it for milling will it? What type of file would the milling program be?

T

TomMor

Reaction score
Yessir. the 5th axis is the one that allows you to tilt the work in order to fit it into the thinnest block possible, among other things as well
Does that make a 5 axis mill more cost efficient? Also do the newer multilayer blocks require a 5 axis machine?

Top Bottom