Advise on possible Emax case

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hi all

Thought i would ask for some advise in regards to the attached case.

Its to be a crown on 13 with a cantilever pontic 12, as well as a crown on the 23.

I know you guys in the states have different numbering but the photo will explain.

Anyway Dr also wants to place some rest seats into 13 + 23 for later stage when a COCR is to be made. He will not be using the 13 with a clasp thankfully ;)

My question is, could i get away with using Emax press in this situation and having the rests seats cut into the Emax.

PFM would obviously work fine however being an anterior case, i would like to make it as aesthetic as possible and i have been using Emax for a few years now and know my Emax crowns crap all over anything i can do with PFM 

Has anyone done anything similar or have any reasons as to why they would not try it.

I only have a few days to complete it, so Zirconia is not an option, as i do not have the time to get a frame done.

Cheers

Tony Finn
Mornington Peninsula Dental Laboratory
Somerville, Victoria
Australia
IMGP3048.jpg

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
should be ok i cant see any reason why not

best wishes

chris

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Cantilevers are contraindicated with e.max. It is kind of a proceed at your own risk type of deal. Although the lithium disilicate is very strong, it is uncertain how long the restoration will last? Even zirconia would be comprimised, strength wise, with a cantilever style. It is one of those things where you and the doctor can agree to "try" all ceramics, but that the longevity of the bridge would be in question.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thanks guys

After posting i thought i would make an appointment with the Dr and go through a few different scenarios.

Im leaning more towards PFM now anyway as the centrals are old PFM's so trying to match them in Emax wont be very easy and with the cantilever involved i would sleep better at night if it was done in PFM :)

Cheers
Tony

A

AcademyDL

Reaction score
Looks like you have a plan but so you'll know........

We Cantilever Lavas all the time, never had one come back. If you follow the 3m connector specifications you will be set.

Also your Pontic should be touching the Tissue. That is how I design mine and they have the support of the tissue that way. Ridge lap or bullet shape.

The front of the mouth has reduced biting strength so that cantilever is going to be a no brainer.
Keep your porcelain well supported with the substructure and you will do fine.

- Justin

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thanks Justin.

Dr wants to stick with PFM so that is what we will do
:)

Top Bottom