advice

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
How's everyone here?. Two of my doctors only use the bite block to mark the middle line and it usually wrong anyway, im tired of explaining the advantage of using bite rims and how much time they can save at the trying.Does anybody knows where I can get literature to sent them or maybe a different way to explain them. Any ideas will be welcome. Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I would ask the doctor if he only wipes half of @ss when he craps out a chalupa..........when he says No, then ask him why he is doing half@ss work then. That's laziness or being stupid. And as Ron White said it so eloquently, you can't fix stupid.

Actually, just be straight with them, tell them their remakes are way to high and after a in depth look into it, you've come to the conclusion that bite rims is the only solution.....then go from there.

Last edited:
yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
I would have to ask you if you are charging for resets and if not then why not?

I charge the same price for full resets like this as I do for the original set up. I will try to talk to them but if they do not want to change their ways then I will either eventually try to weed them out by raising their fees after I find a replacement for them or if they want to pay the fees I am charging them then I will reset their dentures all day long.

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks everybody, and no I don't charge for reset and that's my fault( I will start soon) but they do send me a lot of work and pay theirs bills on time every month. Im going to get couples of big accounts pretty soon and after that they eathir give me good bites registration or I will tell them to find another lab. Again thanks everybody for your help.

B

Brian8

Reaction score
For a while I was not charging any reset fees and I was like you where constantly reseting. Eventually I started to charge and the doctor asked me what he could do to limit the amount of resets.

Brian

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
We have all been were you are now with not being able to refuse the work. As far as paying their bill on time, I like you will let some things go for some accounts but when I do it is as a courtesy to them and not policy.

Glad to hear you are going to make the neccessary changes soon.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
How's everyone here?. Two of my doctors only use the bite block to mark the middle line and it usually wrong anyway, im tired of explaining the advantage of using bite rims and how much time they can save at the trying.Does anybody knows where I can get literature to sent them or maybe a different way to explain them. Any ideas will be welcome. Thanks

if your dentists are in town,,switch to a "bite registration in house policy"
I been doing this for the last 6 years , and never had a problem after that.
I even charge more "65 dollars extra for inhouse registration" , everyones happy.

Last edited:
G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
yes me Drs are in town but what exactly do you mean for in house bite registration sorry

D

dentcre

Reaction score
yes me Drs are in town but what exactly do you mean for in house bite registration sorry

I go to the doctors office when the patient comes in for the wax bite registration.
ussualy I endup taking it myself.

I have a good amount of denture teeth and waxing equipment in each of my denture customers office, that way sometimes I do the setup for try-in also in the same visit of the bite registration.
thats another storry though,, a good one to. here you safe tons of time for you and the dentist and offcourse the patient,
you get to charge good money for this since you eliminate 2 visits.
and the patients love to see you there !

try it. you will be happy and your dentists also.

ps..dont forget to charge for it.:D

Top Bottom