Adesso Split Plate Compatible Articulators

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We are about to do our first Encode case. We use Denar magnetic articulators. Are these compatible with Adesso? I have Googled, called my Encode rep, and my Ivoclar rep and I haven't gotten a firm answer.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
My Ivoclar rep just stopped in and told me that Denar is probably not compatible with Adesso Split Plates.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Actually, I talked to Anne Steinbock (VP WhipMix) about this personally a couple years ago and was told by her that they are working on it and they had something coming down the pipe, now this was six months ago. Call WhipMix, I'd bet they have something for the Denar's by now, they were working hard on it. If not, get a Stratus (the 100 was around 700 dollars the last time I bought it).

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
get the stratos on ebay for 300.
i was sure last time i spoke to a rep that the did have adesso for denar.
dont quote me on it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You need a Stratos, don't forget to charge appropriately for the articulation. That articulator is not free.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
We are about to do our first Encode case. We use Denar magnetic articulators. Are these compatible with Adesso? I have Googled, called my Encode rep, and my Ivoclar rep and I haven't gotten a firm answer.

the encode uses the stratos 100 only. also, they use the calibrated version of the articulator so all you will have to do is send down your mounted casts, then they mount your case on another calibrated stratos, complete your implant case. then send the models back to you. if you order the 100, make certain you order the calibrated 100 with the magnetic mounts. ivoclar calibrates the articulators at their office before sending them out.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
the encode uses the stratos 100 only.

It uses the Baumann articulator as well which can be purchased through Accu-liner, DUS Dental U, Servo Dental, Tech Quest, or visiting Willkommen bei der Baumann Dental GmbH

The encode work order form describes this here.

Also, I thought it was all the stratos articulators, not just the 100...please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
i didnt realize the baumann shared the adesso split cast system? encode recommends the calibrated stratos 100 as we know. now if a lab had previously purchased a stratos 200 or 300 that could also be used but it would have to be calibrated and have 15 degree bennett angles and a 30 degree protrusive. the 100 comes stock and fixed with those settings.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I borrowed a Stratos 100 from another lab in our area.