adding tooth to lingual plating

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How do you guys think is the best way to add a tooth to a rpd on the lingual plating? The acrylic doesn't hold well, and you end up with a repair that will not take a handful of peanuts. The angle of the plating is completely backwards and will give no support for the tooth, it just kinda dangles there waiting to be sheared off.

Is there a better way than what I've seen?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We laserweld a piece of Stainless wire after slotting the plate

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Form a u hanging from the top ends to hold it like a childs swing? or just a post going straight out? I must be missing something why do you slot the plate? doesn't that weaken it?

Lasers are nice, wish i had more space in my room and less in my wallet.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Phase welder does the same job. Mine is covered in dust.. haha Weld a post or some retention and youre good to go. JMN if youre going to be doing a lot of repairs, you might want to look into it, because it is common when replacing a tooth.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We have had good luck using GC Metal Primer ll.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Phase welder does the same job. Mine is covered in dust.. haha Weld a post or some retention and youre good to go. JMN if youre going to be doing a lot of repairs, you might want to look into it, because it is common when replacing a tooth.

Looks like I need to get something aside from my plumbers torch, just need to find something small and inexpensive, Yeah right. But does it make pretty flames? Fire fire fiiiiiiiiiire! must have pyro fix!