Adding Porcelain

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
So what is the best way to add porcelain to a zirconia crown that has been bonded to a TI base. Lots of ideas but i Have never had to do it myself. Is the screw safe? Will it come apart in the oven? Is there any precautions I should take. Its A Keystone Ti Base with a full Z crown that we bonded on with Embrace Wet Bond. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So what is the best way to add porcelain to a zirconia crown that has been bonded to a TI base. Lots of ideas but i Have never had to do it myself. Is the screw safe? Will it come apart in the oven? Is there any precautions I should take. Its A Keystone Ti Base with a full Z crown that we bonded on with Embrace Wet Bond. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
take the screw out, slow heat in the oven for 30min so the bonding agent breaks down. then pull it apart, add your porcelain, and re-cement to Ti base when completed.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
take the screw out, slow heat in the oven for 30min so the bonding agent breaks down. then pull it apart, add your porcelain, and re-cement to Ti base when completed.
i dont the screw will come out of this keystone implant. Ill try again.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
How long do you let it set at the high temp?
Do you take it out after that hold, if any, then see if it separates after that time, after it cools down?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
How long do you let it set at the high temp?
Do you take it out after that hold, if any, then see if it separates after that time, after it cools down?
Hey C. Not sure to whom you are talking. But here is my take: I let it set for about 10 min. Temp is so low, no cooling is really needed. However, I have let it cool down to 300 degrees Celsius, before opening the chamber. If the original fit is tight, I have done two cycles. I then either screw an analog on it, grab the analog with tweezer and then tab on it (tweezers) to break it out, or I use a nail or old bur to push it out, by tapping on the bur. Might be more unpredictable since the bur or nail can be wedged in and break the crown. Make sure it fits loosely and it doesn't wedge in to tho screw interface, either.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You answer anytime, anywhere, Contraluz, this is very good information and very helpful. Thank you :)

From what I remember mentioned before, with a cemented emax monolithic crown we can't do anything about it if there needed to be an add on, correct?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
You answer anytime, anywhere, Contraluz, this is very good information and very helpful. Thank you :)

From what I remember mentioned before, with a cemented emax monolithic crown we can't do anything about it if there needed to be an add on, correct?
Thank you for your kind words! If I have something substantial to add, I try to do so. But usually I am too busy...

I have had successful e.max 'amputations'. What I might do, after the un-cupeling, is to run the crown trough a crystallization cycle. As for the de-bonding firing, just make sure you slow cook the piece. High temp is 390. It is a slow process...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks again for your time and reply, I appreciate it :)

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..food for thought... Is it me or does the 600-700 mpg zirc have a higher fracture rate then the 1200 stuff when your doing this ?