Acrylic graudated cylinder

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
so I have a set of monomer/polymer cylinders for dentures that are past their prime.
Last couple times I have asked Zahn and Benco and they seem stumped as to what I am looking for?
So to the most informed and helpful forums on the net , Where do You'al get your powder n liquid cylinders.
obviously ml for monomer and cc for polymer. Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
so I have a set of monomer/polymer cylinders for dentures that are past their prime.
Last couple times I have asked Zahn and Benco and they seem stumped as to what I am looking for?
So to the most informed and helpful forums on the net , Where do You'al get your powder n liquid cylinders.
School chemistry suppliers. I'll get you some names. If schools are at all normal there, call and see when you can pay a visit with the Chemistry teacher(s). They'll have 1 year old catalogs and may be willing to take some expired stuff from you to show off in class.

The school suppliers are heaving sobs right now as they aren't selling near the stuff they would normally.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Oh, the term is 'graduated cylinder' {edit: and I just noticed that the title is graduated cylinder. I need some sleep or something. Sorry}

ml and cc are used interchangably in our field. There is a difference, but most of us never get to the level where we'll need to worry about it.

a mL is one cubic centimeter of triple distilled water at 72c at sea level...

Last edited:
K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately schools are all virtual here so I have been doing 4th grade teaching before comming into Lab, as for the spelling, yep thats me. Avid reader but the worlds worst speller!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately schools are all virtual here so I have been doing 4th grade teaching before comming into Lab, as for the spelling, yep thats me. Avid reader but the worlds worst speller!
20200911_143710.jpg
Names and numbers. If you geek out on this stuff, get your spouse to order. It's hard to 'be good' when there's hundreds of pages of stuff you want to play with.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny how catalogs end up roughly sorted by year.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We went with these and they're great, good range of volumes and thick so less chance of breakage 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200911-210335_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-210335_Chrome.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 15
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you missed remembering this when in science class 'cause you were staring at your crush, you measure from the bottom of the 'meniscus' which is the curve of the liquid.
Make sure that you use a large enough piece of glassware that you can measure once instead of having to fill a 10ml 2.5 times. Multiple fills stacks the measurement error.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Holy moly.... There is more than one lab tech that measures acrylic?!? I bow to y'all that do! I've had people tell me how accurate their coffee mug is,,, and how they can "eyeball it" perfect every time.... But are calling me because they have porosity.... YaY TEAM!

I like the poly ones myself as when I knock them over they don't break....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I ordered a glass one that I thought was small online, then when I got it you could pour 2 pints of beer in it, it was about a 18" tall! and no I havent drank beer out of it.. yet.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Holy moly.... There is more than one lab tech that measures acrylic?!? I bow to y'all that do! I've had people tell me how accurate their coffee mug is,,, and how they can "eyeball it" perfect every time.... But are calling me because they have porosity.... YaY TEAM!

Some of us even weigh our stone and measure the water for models.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Every single time. Do everything the aame way every time and you'll accumulate knowledge of how things happen and how to prevent them in the future.

Never change more than one variable at a time or you won't k ow what made the result.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

From Zahn Dental, I have a million of these from Lucitone purchases in the past.

Lucitone Measuring Vial 2/Package

Compare

• Category:

Acrylics / Accessories

• UNSPSC:

• Additional attributes

• Lucitone Measuring Vial 2/Package 1676259LL | Dentsply International - 984331
  • Description:

• Packaging Options (1)

• This product is Made in the U.S.A.

This product is M

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
Funny how catalogs end up roughly sorted by year.
I recently went to order a new motor for the dust collector on my sand blaster and I told the rep on the phone that the newest catalog that I had was from ‘89. Lol. I think this unit has 8 years on me. Fortunately their product line hasn’t changed much since 1970!!!

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Thank you so much. That's what I was looking for. Other recommendations were great but my grumpy stubborn old a$$ is used to
this for measuring so that's what i needed!

Compare

• Category:

Acrylics / Accessories

• UNSPSC:

• Additional attributes

• Lucitone Measuring Vial 2/Package 1676259LL | Dentsply International - 984331
  • Description:

• Packaging Options (1)

• This product is Made in the U.S.A.

This product is M

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Ivoclar probase hot always included new measuring vials as well as mixing containers with lids.