Acrylic free nightguards?

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
My apologies if this is the wrong forum but, can anyone provide links for acrylic free nightguard materials?

And possibly acrylic free denture material?

I'm coming up blank on my searches.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
Dentsply has a material called eclipse. These are light cures resins and do not contain any methylmethacrylate. I use the clear for night guards. To I have the Enterra unit and that will cure night guards, base plates, and 1 tooth flippers. You would need the full curing unit to do dentures though.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
Dentsply has a material called eclipse. These are light cures resins and do not contain any methylmethacrylate. I use the clear for night guards. To I have the Enterra unit and that will cure night guards, base plates, and 1 tooth flippers. You would need the full curing unit to do dentures though.
we use the same material it's fantastic. Doctors have preferred it over regular acrylic nightguards from us. It comes with a hard and a soft layer also. And it's easy once you get the hang of it you can do 1 in about 30 minutes if you were in a rush

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
This material is much more durable than acrylic. I get very few repairs even after 3-5 years like I would with acrylic nightguards.

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Would I be able to use our Drufomat machine to heat form these and then use a light cure machine to cure them?

Or is this a strictly powder material?

I'm wondering if there are acrylic free discs that I can use in the Drufomat

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
This is a light cured material. 706C0192-E47B-4B0C-ABFC-C12156338CDD.jpeg
That requires a LIGHT CURING UNIT. 20CC3605-63AF-42E0-82EB-31B2DE3CF597.jpeg

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
So the answer would be no, there aren't any non-light cured materials that are acrylic free?

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I didn’t say that. I posted the option that I use. If you are doing any sort of volume, this system will pay for itself within a year.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
K

Kris

Reaction score
Has anyone found a material that compares to the soft eclipse material? We have a few doctors that are disappointed since dentsply discontinued. We have outsourced a couple of the keysoft to be printed, but we are not getting positive feedback.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Has anyone found a material that compares to the soft eclipse material? We have a few doctors that are disappointed since dentsply discontinued. We have outsourced a couple of the keysoft to be printed, but we are not getting positive feedback.
I have not used it but on a different post, someone recommended primotec

Check out Primosplint from Primotec. https://www.primotecusa.com/product/primosplint

K

karlanm

Reaction score
I've used Fricke's Clear soft material for years. They are a super helpful company. Has a Rigid-soft, medium-soft, and ultra-soft "monomer" which can be mixed in different ratios. Pretty sure its acrylic free.

K

karlanm

Reaction score
I've used Fricke's Clear soft material for years. They are a super helpful company. Has a Rigid-soft, medium-soft, and ultra-soft "monomer" which can be mixed in different ratios. Pretty sure its acrylic free.
Soft_Ad__04461.1550832842 (1).jpg
Yep, verified its acrylic free

K

karlanm

Reaction score
Thank you
Welcome, I was actually thinking about purchasing some of that keysoft to print....but since everyone loves my current material and seeing your comment above I may hold off. $400+ a bottle is also prreeettty steep. Let me know how they compare if you start working with that Fricke material.

Top Bottom