Acrylic Allergy

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Hello All:

What material is being used for patients who are allergic to conventional denture acrylic for a complete denture? Patient had skin test and tested allergic. I don't do removables so it's not my area of expertise.

Rick

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Bredent do a material called Bre Crystal, sometimes called Polyan. I've had success with this. It's a thermo injected resin material, and packs very densely, polishes well, and is stable. Not cheap though! Maybe get a discounted sample to try out/practice to get the 'feel' of it.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
I believe Astron makes some material for this exact reason. Let me look through my notes in the am and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Juvora in the UK make medical grade PEEK disks for dentures, then you use GC gradia for the gum work. We have made a few and have had great results.

This is a link to a guy who uses the material a lot, hope it helps Pete
http://www.peek-o-bello.es/en/excellence.php

Last edited:
M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I use Astron 1180 material when dealing with this type of patient. So far good results.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Astron makes a vinyl. Did one today. Valplast is another alternative, so is acetal resin, depending on the size of the appliance

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
So Kcdt did U microwave the 1180? Did U use the stabilizing solution or thin die stone? Was the color stabil with the microwave?
The advantage of the vinyl over the others is repairability, and fit.
My first choice for allergy is the 1180 from Astron or the Microfit from Vynalcron. depending the CAS alergy level sometimes porclain teeth R required.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
So Kcdt did U microwave the 1180? Did U use the stabilizing solution or thin die stone? Was the color stabil with the microwave?
The advantage of the vinyl over the others is repairability, and fit.
My first choice for allergy is the 1180 from Astron or the Microfit from Vynalcron. depending the CAS alergy level sometimes porclain teeth R required.
Naw, conventional water bath in a bronze flask.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Ken I had my hopes up, I might have bought a microwave flask if you had worked out the vinyl timing, I Astron inject the vinyl. For those in Europe 1180 is Luxene CE.
The Vinyl is tough enough for the all on 4 cases, no fractures in base on cases over 2 years old (Some teeth have fractured but no bases). And the closed cell formulation as opposed to PMMA open matrix makes for less staining.

Acardia Bre Crystal are not FDA approved yet.

Pete medical grade PEEK Sounds great if the FDA would get past that current 100 day temp approved time. And if you use GC Gradia you are still dealing with PMMAm as well as a possible light activated sensitizer, so if the patient truly has an allergy a mute point, But I would love to try a PEEK framework in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom