Ackuretta SOL Auto-Calibration

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Since I don't have a printer yet, I am trying to foresee the amount of work/maintenance a printer encompasses, One of the aspects I read and heard about is the calibration of a 3D printer. The Ackuretta SOL is advertized as an auto-calibrated(ting) printer (for the pre-approved resins) and I wonder:

1. Whether this really is a worthy feature; is it really a time-saving feature compared to other options?
2. Is there anything the Ackuretta SOL does not do compared to for example, a P30? Or other printers?

Intended purpose: Crown and bridge models and implant cases.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the Ackuretta does everything quite well..
but your question is about calibration? the Ackuretta offers a hell of a lot more

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Sounds good and sounds good. Would you be so kind to explain or elaborate as to what it offers more of? As a starter I seem to be able to extract only so much information that makes sense to my novice mind. And of the information, I don't quite know how 'misleading' it can be when compared to real world experience; much like an electric car may be advertised to be able to drive x amount of miles, but without telling you this is on a flat track, perfect temperature, one constant speed of 60 km/h and all accessories turned off. I understand print speed is quite good, but then I wonder at what print resolution that is true.

And as such, Ackuretta advertises with pre or self-calibration and then I go, "But to what extend is this something to really advertise with ... or is it something I should be really happy about when I decide to purchase it?".

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
i have plenty of Ackuretta content on my site, on here...

i will say this. the ability to quickly switch to new materials that hit the market is huge for us. i currently get to work with a whole host of materials..
now, we can talk about accuracy of materials... but why bother.. every major company i know, runs a bank of X printers and sometimes a "Y" thrown in as well... they are accurate to a degree, based on a whole host of reasons.

We are currently now able to manufacture from start to finish with all new equipment. this means we can scan impressions, print models. not that we "intend to" be taking in any more impressions, but we currently can with 65%.. and this could be much higher based on a few factors. mostly on the Dr side.

i can tell you that Rodin Model is capable of printing more accurately than Argen model/Keystone model/Ackuretta Curo..
also, Rodin Model prints 1/3 faster for the same print, finest detail.. it is also what i would consider a ridged "high strength" model material comparatively.
it also "processes out" so much cleaner than any model resin i've used.

don't get me wrong here, all of the mentioned products are "top notch" in my book... and, Rodin Model is literally twice the cost of Argen resin, which is re-branded Keystone, so, also a good resin.

one of the deciding factors, if not "THE" deciding factor should be the ability to have validated materials updated constantly... but, "we" are a 1 man show, and, "our show isn't your show", so...

so, there is nothing to calibrate. the photo plate is 200 and the SOL comes with 2... you can burn calibration cubes all you want. i just think you are asking the wrong questions.

edit: Booth M-9 in the Royal Exhibit Hall

Stop by the Pac-dent Booth Lab Day West.. ask me or Kim more..
i'll get a new Banner Up Top when i get a minute to breathe.. midnight or so

Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
To print good parts with high success rates, you will need a thorough understanding of resin printing processes, the ability to assess print quality and diagnose issues based on flaws, and how to nest and support parts effectively for each different material and appliance type. That's true for any resin printer you may pick, even though they're all marketed as something you can use with no specialized knowledge or experience. The ability of a printer to do one-touch calibrations doesn't mean you'll have a good time if you don't understand what that calibration is doing, and how to achieve the same results manually.
Printing genuinely is a very low-barrier to entry, easy-to-master manufacturing technique, relatively speaking. It's trivial compared to CNC milling, which people usually have multi-year degrees in to get hired in broader industry. But it will still require a lot of reading, experimenting, and screwing up to get a firm handle on, and approaching it with the perspective of "with this printer I won't have to learn the weird technical stuff" will probably lead to disappointment and frustration.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I purchased the Whip mix VeriEco which is the Ackuretta Sol. They just put their own logo on it. I am just putting out a warning, do not buy their resin. They screwed it up badly which caused us to send 2 printers back because It messed up all the prints badly. It looks like someone blew a flame thrower at it. After I had the same issues with printer 3, they finally included their research department and it turned out that they sell their own Whip mix resin in Ivory, brown and grey. But they decided that the people who used the darker resins should not be punished with a longer curing time and so they used an average setting for all 3 resins. That caused the ivory resin to way over cure. I ended up getting a keystone resin and had the best prints. I never thought that there is such a difference in resin and how important it is to have the right parameters to cure it. No more issues after that

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I purchased the Whip mix VeriEco which is the Ackuretta Sol. They just put their own logo on it. I am just putting out a warning, do not buy their resin. They screwed it up badly which caused us to send 2 printers back because It messed up all the prints badly. It looks like someone blew a flame thrower at it. After I had the same issues with printer 3, they finally included their research department and it turned out that they sell their own Whip mix resin in Ivory, brown and grey. But they decided that the people who used the darker resins should not be punished with a longer curing time and so they used an average setting for all 3 resins. That caused the ivory resin to way over cure. I ended up getting a keystone resin and had the best prints. I never thought that there is such a difference in resin and how important it is to have the right parameters to cure it. No more issues after that
Argen resin is re-braneded keystone. the model resin is under 100$ shipped. we used to use grey, and loved it.
we use Rodin model now, its dense, stable, doesn't compress, prints 1/3 less time on finest.. but costs 2x other resin

your printers validation roll is most important, but curing an unvalidated resin will not damage the SOL.. its smart, but not that smart.

Last edited:
mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I remember your post and pics about this issue. Sheri has been such a huge resource at Whipmix. So when you were having issues with their “slapped on logo” of the Ackuretta I was concerned as I wanted Sheri to get my business when I buy one. How would you rate their support.