access violation importing atlantis core files into 3 shape

O

oldschool

Reaction score
i been having problems importing atlantis core files forever into 3 shape sometimes they work but most times they don't zahn IT can;t help nor atlantis would really appreciate some help thanks PS been doing this for over 30 years but pretty much computer illiterate

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Here is how I import a core file into 3Shape:

Open up the Atlantis order and click on the Core File that is for 3Shape
In your 3 Shape Dental Manager, right click and under Advanced, choose Import
You will then be prompted to choose an order format: Make sure "Import Orders Generated by External System" selected
Next click the 3Shape Communicate Order Exchange format
After that, you will be prompted to select the correct file. These should be in your "downloads" folder on your PC. Mine immediately opens up that file folder.
Then just open the file and then next step will be the order creation step in 3Shape.

Hope that helps.

J

JRoth

Reaction score
i been having problems importing atlantis core files forever into 3 shape sometimes they work but most times they don't zahn IT can;t help nor atlantis would really appreciate some help thanks PS been doing this for over 30 years but pretty much computer illiterate
Is this problem where after the file is imported and you go to design it, a bunch of error messages pop up and doesn't allow you to design? This happens with like 70% of my Atlantis core files, really ruins the workflow when we have screw retained implant crowns. If this is indeed your issue, have you found a solution? Atlantis didn't have a solution, neither did the 3Shape team.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Is this problem where after the file is imported and you go to design it, a bunch of error messages pop up and doesn't allow you to design? This happens with like 70% of my Atlantis core files, really ruins the workflow when we have screw retained implant crowns. If this is indeed your issue, have you found a solution? Atlantis didn't have a solution, neither did the 3Shape team.
What version of 3shape are you running?

I'm using 2022 and have zero issues with core file and I do about 50 Atlantis cases a month.

J

JRoth

Reaction score
What version of 3shape are you running?

I'm using 2022 and have zero issues with core file and I do about 50 Atlantis cases a month.
We are using 2020 version.. This may be the issue. I'll give a call to our provider and see if updating fixes this. Do you of any bugs/issues with newer versions past 2022, or would you suggest that version?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We are using 2020 version.. This may be the issue. I'll give a call to our provider and see if updating fixes this. Do you of any bugs/issues with newer versions past 2022, or would you suggest that version?
I know I've had issues in the past when I upgraded my 3shape before checking with Atlantis to make sure they were compatible. 2022 I know works just fine.