Accepting Cerec scans

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a straight answer from sirona or Patterson. Everyone I spoke to had a different answer.

What is required for me (a 3shape user) to accept scans from cerec users?

Thanks in advance

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
For it to be converted by someone who has the sirona InLab software, like Infinident, for $15.00 a file, I believe that's what they charge.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
What if we still have the software from our old red cam days?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You will need the " all scans" module for 3 Shape

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You need cerec 4.5 software. It will output to .stl. Its been discussed at length in other threads.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So, Im Exo, not 3Shape.
Has anything changed, or where do I go to find info on accepting Cerec scans?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
So, Im Exo, not 3Shape.
Has anything changed, or where do I go to find info on accepting Cerec scans?
Before you purchase any sirona equipment you should check into this and see when it will be available.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Before you purchase any sirona equipment you should check into this and see when it will be available.
PRESS RELEASE
March 27, 2014, 2:05 p.m. ET
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2014--

Sirona Dentals Systems Inc. has announced that it has purchased a majority stake in Exocad GmbH.
Partnering with Exocad allows Cerec to become the premier chairside milling solution worldwide.
Exocad to be rebranded with Cerec's quality name.

Jeffrey T. Slovin Sirona President and CEO says that, "The rapid transition towards yearly license fees for current Exocad users will bolster the revenues needed for further advancement of Cerec chairside milling units."
"Bringing Exocad users under the umbrella of Cerec will advance Exocad's technology platform into the modern age of dentistry."

Tillmann Steinbrecher CEO of Exocad GmbH agrees, "Sirona is the world's leading digital dental technology company and will provide current Exocad users and partners continued support through the rebranded platform. The partnership with Cerec and the yearly license fees generated from current Exocad users will support much needed funding and we are looking forward to our future commitments."

Equally important is our commitment in the field of innovation. In the future, digital networking will play a fundamental role in dental practices, clinics and laboratories – influencing everything from treatment to patient management. That’s why we place great emphasis on the research and development of digital, network-capable dental technology. It is just one more way in which we are helping to build a stronger dental community prepared for all future challenges.

Individuality is also a vital part of our company philosophy. Different markets have different needs, which is why our products are manufactured with features and functions tailor-made to suit their requirements. In offering dental practices, clinics and laboratories a wide spectrum of individual solutions, we not only make work more effective but boost earnings as well. Consulting is another essential component of this service and we work closely with dental dealers throughout the world, providing extensive support in marketing and sales promotions.

To sum it all up – Sirona means solutions for dental practices, clinics and laboratories. It is all part of our goal of constantly striving to find new ways of making the best much better and providing customers with the ultimate in dental products and services.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Except my link is real. From what I have heard it sounds like it might be a seperate cerec connect portal for exocad access, but I do not know that for sure and I don't think they have disclosed the access requirements yet.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
If you don't have to purchase anything from Sirona then that is a bonus.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you don't have to purchase anything from Sirona then that is a bonus.
That is not the case. Nothing from Sirona is free. I believe that the Sirona scanners can be integrated with exocad chair-side software.
Still have to purchase license.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
You might be right, but exocad labs with be able to gain access for those that do not have sirona software. Obviously there will be a cost to access the portal. I meant you might not have to purchase equipment.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just visited with some Drs and a team from Cerec. They said as a lab, I can install a free Cerec Connect Case Center Inbox, and I will be able to get Cerec scans just like with iTero. No fees. Has anyone done this yet?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just visited with some Drs and a team from Cerec. They said as a lab, I can install a free Cerec Connect Case Center Inbox, and I will be able to get Cerec scans just like with iTero. No fees. Has anyone done this yet?

The doc has to 'give you' somehow the license he is given. It appears purchasing a Omnicam or Primescan gets them one to give to the place of their choice.

The Connect Case Center Inbox

Installation

After a dental laboratory registers in the new Connect Case Center (AKA Sirona Connect Portal),installation is carried out on a Windows PC. The CCCI Software can be downloaded onto the corresponding website of Dentsply Sirona. The licence must still be installed on a code meter USB stick by Dentsply Sirona. After installation, the CCCI automatically searches for updates and installs them.

Good news for your lab. Previously, only inLab users were able to receive cases through the secure Connect Case Center portal. With the Connect Case Center Inbox, your lab can work with their usual software while still having full access to the patient case. And best of all: Primescan or Omnicam - every device comes with a free license, which you can provide to your lab.

O

opretzel

Reaction score
If the docs have the Cerec 4.5 and later software, they can get an export license (free with support club membership). Then scans can be directly exported to you as STL files.

S

Survivor

Reaction score
We have been accepting Cerec STL since March 2019, both for Zirconia and for PFM that we had someone print the models. The dentist just exports the scans as an STL and email it to us. When we were in Chicago the region director for Sirons Dentsply said we could get on the portal for a one-time $3,000 fee. We have yet to find a Dentist that would make that fee cost-effective.
Now I am reading about the Connect Case Center InBox (CCCI) that is available for Exocad user
Has anyone actually registered for the Connect Case Center and used the CCCI to import a case file from a dentist?

doug

doug

Reaction score
We just ordered the inbox. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Whatever we ordered should have arrived this afternoon, but I was already gone. If it's there tomorrow we should be up and running in short order. Have some docs waiting for us to be able to accept files.

D

DrG

Reaction score
We just ordered the inbox. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Whatever we ordered should have arrived this afternoon, but I was already gone. If it's there tomorrow we should be up and running in short order. Have some docs waiting for us to be able to accept files.
Looking forward to hearing your experience.

If I understand correctly, there are 2 ways to get an STL from a cerec Dr:
-If a cerec doc has 4.5 or more recent and they pay their support membership or have the $3k/year stl export license, they can export the STL. Easy
-If the doc doesn't have the above:
The exo lab can receive a cerec case via Connect Case Center inbox. What is the cost ?
The 3Shape lab need to get the 3Shape All Scan module or basic exo and Connect Case Center inbox. What is the cost?

Is this correct ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
One of my drs just bought a primescan at sirona world and he was told that one lab gets the software license to receive cases. Dont know the details yet, he hasnt taken delivery yet.

doug

doug

Reaction score
One of my drs just bought a primescan at sirona world and he was told that one lab gets the software license to receive cases. Dont know the details yet, he hasnt taken delivery yet.
Let's hope it's you. That a quick 3K you don't have to shell out, if you get the dongle to go with it.

Top Bottom