Academy of Osseointegration meeting report

D

DrG

Reaction score
Just came back from the AO.
In no particular order, this is what I heard or saw that could interest you gyus
-Trilor framework with nanoceramic suprastructure from digitaldental
-Advise against using Peek or Pekton for framework
-5 axis milling machine from digitaldental for dentures, that has the steepest angle of milling for undercut (denture)
-A lot of different twists of stackable surgical guides: Nsequence, Straumann Smile in a Box etc
-Dynamic implant guidance: XNav, Navident, Yoomi robot
-Advice against using zircona framework for full mandibular implant reconstruction (mandible does flex)
-Polished zirconia is a very biocompatible material below the gum, better that polished Ti and better than glazed porcelain
-I liked TrueAbutment ACS and custom MU or custom angled locator

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
In no particular order, this is what I heard or saw that could interest you gyus
-5 axis milling machine from digitaldental for dentures, that has the steepest angle of milling for undercut (denture)
-A lot of different twists of stackable surgical guides: Nsequence, Straumann Smile in a Box etc
-Advice against using zircona framework for full mandibular implant reconstruction (mandible does flex)
-Polished zirconia is a very biocompatible material below the gum, better that polished Ti and better than glazed porcelain
whats your personal take on the Trilor frames? i know a local lab thats been toying with them, and ive considered picking some up to give it a whirl. would love to hear your thoughts on it since you got to see some in person

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why they suggested against Pekkton or Peek as framework substructure? Also, the robot...could you explain further...is this robot guided implant placement?...how does it work, off your designed .dicom file?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why they suggested against Pekkton or Peek as framework substructure? Also, the robot...could you explain further...is this robot guided implant placement?...how does it work, off your designed .dicom file?
Regaeding the dynamic implant placement, I got this in Nov.
--------------
some exciting news about X-Guide Dynamic 3D Navigation for more accurate implant surgery offered by Nobel Biocare. The X-Guide system is designed to consistently elevate Precision and Control in your dental implant surgeries.

Why the X-Guide Dynamic 3D Navigation system?

· Accuracy: Same accuracy as a guide but without the template, 11x more accurate than free hand.

· Immediate: Make same-day, guided surgery a reality for more patients. No additional processing or shipping delays that are common in the static guide process.

· Affordable: Just a fraction of the cost of traditional guides.

Planning Implants in the X-Guide Software

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You're gonna be a great guy to have around, you actually want to grow together, not just learn and run. Thank you!

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have a surgeon who is starting to do this procedure. Evidently the supports are temp cemented in place. We were told to be ready to provide another set of temps if they got stuck and the supports had to be cut off. There's a lot of neat stuff coming along.
Yomi

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Advise against using Peek or Pekton for framework
Interesting! Due to the fact it flexes? Not as biocompatible as many think?
A lot of different twists of stackable surgical guides: Nsequence, Straumann Smile in a Box etc
While I like the procedure, and it makes sense to prepare the bone before placing a full arch, it might drive work away form smaller labs to bigger ones, offering the 'whole package'...
Advice against using zircona framework for full mandibular implant reconstruction (mandible does flex)
Yeah, we kinda knew that... Although, if you can make it 'good sized' it still should work... Vroam

D

DrG

Reaction score
Also, I think in the future, we are going to see more and more of facial scanning and capability to relate it to the CAD smile design, condyles etc like Zirkonzhan face hunter. There are some new product coming for sure. As of today, Zirkonzhan facehunter is only working with their software....but who knows, maybe sometimes with DWings/Straumann Cares in the future. I know, one of the quality lab here on Norcal is looking at getting a Picdental system (or maybe the equivalent Swiss product) for full arches implant cases and turn immediate full arch temporary CADCAM (peek, trilor with nanoceramic, etc..) in less than 48 hrs.

D

DrG

Reaction score
Interesting! Due to the fact it flexes? Not as biocompatible as many think?

While I like the procedure, and it makes sense to prepare the bone before placing a full arch, it might drive work away form smaller labs to bigger ones, offering the 'whole package'...

Yeah, we kinda knew that... Although, if you can make it 'good sized' it still should work... Vroam
I think because of the flex, yes. Sorry I am not a Prostho...

Top Bottom