abutment (ti-base?) and crown separated

L

loocsinus

Reaction score
Good morning. I have a Straumann RC implant crown and its abutment (maybe Ti-Base) separated but still attached. The crown is spinning on its abutment. I can't take it off to recement it. Any suggestion on how to fix it without making a new one? Thank you!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I don't understand. The abutment and crown are still cemented together but the crown can spin around on the abutment? Got any pictures or short video?

L

loocsinus

Reaction score
I don't understand. The abutment and crown are still cemented together but the crown can spin around on the abutment? Got any pictures or short video?
That is exactly right. It is spinning in my hand. I will get you a video later.
Out of office now. Thanks!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That abutment has 4 anti-rotation studs on it, so if its spinning, something has gone terribly wrong or its not a straumann abutment.. Run it up to 450c for about 5 minutes and it will come out, but this is standard operating procedure for a lab, are you a dentist?

L

loocsinus

Reaction score
That abutment has 4 anti-rotation studs on it, so if its spinning, something has gone terribly wrong or its not a straumann abutment.. Run it up to 450c for about 5 minutes and it will come out, but this is standard operating procedure for a lab, are you a dentist?
Thanks. It might not be a ti-base. It is spinning 360, and I can’t detach the two. Yes I am a dentist. I will give it a try!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats odd that its spinning, it doesnt take much heat to burn out the cement, you could do it very lightly with a butane torch if you dont have an oven. The cement will turn black, then sandblast it out. If it has one flat edge it is most likely an aftermarket, if it has 4 lobes on it, then its straumann, might be under warranty, if lobes are cut off to make it fit, it will spin on a cylinder.. Then might not be under warranty

L

loocsinus

Reaction score
Thats odd that its spinning, it doesnt take much heat to burn out the cement, you could do it very lightly with a butane torch if you dont have an oven. The cement will turn black, then sandblast it out. If it has one flat edge it is most likely an aftermarket, if it has 4 lobes on it, then its straumann, might be under warranty, if lobes are cut off to make it fit, it will spin on a cylinder.. Then might not be under warranty
Thanks. I will give it a try.