Abutment not fittin

B

Bassam

Reaction score
I did a Noble Biocare Zirconia abutment using Medentika (Abutment Direct) Ti base, on the model it is seating perfect (the impression copy and Analog are original Noble Biocare parts) but in the mouth it is up not going down, the Doctor send me an x ray with the impression copy seating nicely but the abutment not, any ideas why?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
likely 180 degrees off

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
where did you design? a few monts ago we were told that the alignment in 3Shape was off, but i think it's been fixed since then

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
is this a conical connection or tri lobe? Post picture of the X-ray with the abutment

B

Bassam

Reaction score
where did you design? a few monts ago we were told that the alignment in 3Shape was off, but i think it's been fixed since then
It was done on 3 shape, I don't think the alignment is off because it is good on the model .

B

Bassam

Reaction score
is this a conical connection or tri lobe? Post picture of the X-ray with the abutment
It is a conical connection, I want it to post the X ray also but I don't know how to attach a picture on here .

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It is a conical connection, I want it to post the X ray also but I don't know how to attach a picture on here .
After 5 posts you will be able to upload images here.
Until then we need to ask you to upload them somewhere like Instagram or Imgur and post a link here.
THe way to do both is at the top of the text entry box.

Click on the 'picture' betwee the smily face and the two links of chain. It will ask you for the link or also for the path to your image like you expect after those 5 posts.

1613486532736.png

You wouldn't believe what people try to post. Vegan water, manual transmission horses...
Still dealing with a Russian Bride Scammer who is getting rather inventive in trying to find email addresses we haven't blocked.

B

Bassam

Reaction score

After 5 posts you will be able to upload images here.
Until then we need to ask you to upload them somewhere like Instagram or Imgur and post a link here.
THe way to do both is at the top of the text entry box.

Click on the 'picture' betwee the smily face and the two links of chain. It will ask you for the link or also for the path to your image like you expect after those 5 posts.

View attachment 37907

You wouldn't believe what people try to post. Vegan water, manual transmission horses...
Still dealing with a Russian Bride Scammer who is getting rather inventive in trying to find email addresses we haven't blocked.
Thanks I will try and post it .

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

welcome to the club. Your posts now show soon as they get to the server.
You're also able to upload images with that button now.
And you can create Conversations with your fellow members using the envelope between the alert bell and your avatar and name at the top right.

Any questions, feel welcome to flag me down.

B

Bassam

Reaction score
welcome to the club. Your posts now show soon as they get to the server.
You're also able to upload images with that button now.
And you can create Conversations with your fellow members using the envelope between the alert bell and your avatar and name at the top right.

Any questions, feel welcome to flag me down.
đź‘Ť

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just my two cents - abutment (looks like a hybrid, titanium and zirconia) looks fully seated, but the crown is likely to have tight contact esp. the
mesial because of the angulation. If anything is in the way for the abutment, that is likely from too much bone. The distal looked like the zirconia
is oversized and impinging on the bone area and pinching the soft tissue - pt likely hurting also when trying to seat that.
Just from guessing.
LCM

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
It's possible that the tissue is preventing everything from sitting properly. Maybe it's a very tight fit?

B

Bassam

Reaction score
I know the tissue is a little bit tight, so maybe that is the issue, anyway I ask the Doctor to use a bigger healing cap to push the gum, will see if that help.
Thank you everyone for the help.

M

Mchec549

Reaction score
from what i see it looks like that gap was picked up with the impression coping not being seated properly with open tray

B

Bassam

Reaction score
Just to give an update, I redo the implant with noble original part, and it fit perfectly in the mouth, I think the first one I made with abutment direct part was was over contour and hitting the bone or gum and not going down, fyi I couldn't trim down the zirconia anymore inside the gum.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Good deal. Notice in the Nobel Snappy abutment there is an emergence profile already machined in the gingival area.
Maybe that was the difference,
LCM
1615507514149.png

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Just to give an update, I redo the implant with noble original part, and it fit perfectly in the mouth, I think the first one I made with abutment direct part was was over contour and hitting the bone or gum and not going down, fyi I couldn't trim down the zirconia anymore inside the gum

Just to give an update, I redo the implant with noble original part, and it fit perfectly in the mouth, I think the first one I made with abutment direct part was was over contour and hitting the bone or gum and not going down, fyi I couldn't trim down the zirconia anymore inside the gum.
Yes, you have to watch width of emergence profile. Sometimes only 1 -1.5 mm gingival height can run into crestal bone interference and won't fully seat at first. Normally the bone will evade away and result in a loose screw scenario, not to mention occlusal and proximal contacts being off. Luckily many companys now produce 2 &3mm gingival extensions to get you up and out of those potential bone binding issues with a nice profile. A Very welcome solution!!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
They are also doing that as a design feature to 'platform shift' so microgap is not all the way to the implant abutment interface, to help preserve the crestal bone. And most of the time, when there is problem seating, it is because pt would be in pain when trying to seat overcontoured abutment with the soft tissue being pinched between the abutment and the bone around it.
LCM

Top Bottom