Abutment level scan

H

Holmes1722

Reaction score
Hey. I have an abutment level scan. Medentika multi abutments(zimmer).
Does anyone know the steps on printing a model from this. I'm used to Straumann abutment level scans and usually tell the software I'm designing a bar in order to print a model.
Not sure the correct option to select on the drop down menu. I only need a model. Any ideas???

DentalLaboratory7

DentalLaboratory7

Reaction score
First, what software are you working with?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Contact your 3Shape reseller to help you setup with that.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
First make sure you have the appropriate implant library installed for the scanbody used. Second you will need to verify which analog the library uses and get one of those ordered. Depending on scanbody used sometimes you can find different libraries and pick which one you prefer. I'm not guessing this is the case for medintika. Now as a side note, you shouldn't ever need to set a case up as a bar to create a model.

In your order form, set your model type to digital impression, if you have separate gingiva scan and scan body scan make sure you add that you have an alignment scan (I forget exactly what they call it, I think its blue and looks like two teeth next to each other) Then select implant and select the appropriate library for your case. If you want to design your restoration at the same time you can do that too as long as you are working with parts included in the library that works with your scan body. Also select models in your work order, of course set your materials and all that good stuff.

Once order is setup, right click and "Design" rather than "Build Model" if you select build model here it will crash, you have to go through the design software far enough to align your scan flag. After it is aligned you can save, close, and then right click and "Build Model" From here just follow the steps

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
oh sorry, nevermind, I misread the earlier comment saying to contact your 3Shape reseller as indicating we knew you were on 3shape. My response is no longer applicable.

My new response, get 3shape. Or exocad. or both. Either will be an upgrade