Abusing my 3D Printer

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Having fun. Printed this last night.

VERY detailed CAD model of Millenium Falcon.

Melting the wax off today in hot corn oil.

More pics after that.

Scott

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0517.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0524.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0521.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0519.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0517.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0524.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0521.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0519.jpg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Looks like you have a touqued out bindle rotor.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
That dude needs to check his blinker fluid and change his muffler bearings. lol

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Sweet - we did once print an MRI of a skull full size, which caused some unpleasantness once the use of resin and support became apparent.
athingiverse_beta.s3.amazonaws.com_renders_c5_c6_71_c0_a3_Brain_Gear_Install_display_large.jpg
Still love my brain gear - anyone got anything interesting they can share
athingiverse_beta.s3.amazonaws.com_renders_c5_c6_71_c0_a3_Brain_Gear_Install_display_large.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Name any item you can possible think of.

Yes, even that! LOL

I have a CAD file and probably have printed it.

Thousands of Jewelry pieces, Old outboard boat motors, Bumblee from Transformeers, Parts of my Lava mills, Water-filter prototypes, Electronic devices (housings),bikes, cars, trains, planes, etc. Disney, Smurfs, on and on. Video game characters and weapons, real weapons (complete CAD files)

3D Models, 3D Modeling Textures and Plugins at TurboSquid is a common place to get files.
Plenty more.

Any special requests? I love printing miniature pieces of things.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Yikes - turbosquid is not cheap - I just wanted gadgets to play with. Guess we need to spend some time getting the 3shape replicator software running.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score

Yes, even that! LOL

Thousands of Jewelry pieces, Old outboard boat motors, Bumblee from Transformeers, Parts of my Lava mills, Water-filter prototypes, Electronic devices (housings),bikes, cars, trains, planes, etc. Disney, Smurfs, on and on. Video game characters and weapons, real weapons (complete CAD files)

3D Models, 3D Modeling Textures and Plugins at TurboSquid is a common place to get files.
Plenty more.

I would like a mini me...or maybe a tiny fleshlight for labguy. I hear he's single now. It's well known that marines have tiny ....... side effects from nerve gas..:pound:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I would like a mini me...or maybe a tiny fleshlight for labguy. I hear he's single now. It's well known that marines have tiny ....... side effects from nerve gas..:pound:

IF you were funny we would be laughing with you but instead every time you open that pie hole of yours all we can do is stand back and laugh at you. Seriously, did Mommy drop you on your grape along the way or what? I'm pretty sure I told you to piss off already, and if not, lets try again.

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
very nice work, may the force be with you

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score

Yes, even that! LOL

Plenty more.

I would love to see some full contour posterior prints. as I understand it the support structures dissolve away right? got any dissolved pics?

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
segment

Rather than minimising, can you enlarge a normally teenytiny item to view it at a higher scale? Just thinking of tiny bugs, ants, fleas, ticks etc curious to see if its possible to view the dentition of mini things. Seen all the large stuff, even dinosaurs.