A technical question

S

SSDS

Reaction score
I am working on a full lower arch srew retained bridge.(6 implants) The case was cast in sections and welded in five places ( request from the Dentist) It fit very good. After opaqueing the bridge already rocks badly and I don't even have porcelain on it. I sent it back for welding and am planing to make a refractory model with lab analogs placed in it. I was planing to screw the bridge to this model and fire it securely screwed in place. Does anyone has experience in this? Strauman verified that the abutments and screws are made of titanium and will be fire proof. I hope I can avoid warpage with that method. Please give me some input here, this is a large srew retained case and the way the implants are spaced, there is no way to make the bridge in two pieces. The upper is in two pieces and fired fine so far.
Angelika
I have done a few of these and have found this technique works well. Weld a bar about 3mm in diameter (cast a sprue) across the back from last tooth on left to last tooth on right, do all your ceramic work then at the end cut it off and polish. I have done at least 10 in the last 3 years and no rocking.
Jim

Top Bottom