98mm or 95mm?

• Thread starter Simon_Vincismile
  • Start date
Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm not sure which system is more popular. Is there any essential difference between the two system? I think Zirkon is good but when I search for the zirconia discs, the range of shades and thickness is more complete for 98mm system. Which system would you select for your machine, or machines in both systems?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Expect your oppinion;)
With 98mm you have much more options! ZirkonZahn are the only ones using 95mm, as far as I am aware. So, many discs are not available in the 95mm size. Even ZirkonZahn realized that and offers their newest mill with options to different disc sizes.

In the olden days, you only were able to us discs from ZirkonZahn on their system. That has changed, thankfully.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm not sure which system is more popular. Is there any essential difference between the two system? I think Zirkon is good but when I search for the zirconia discs, the range of shades and thickness is more complete for 98mm system. Which system would you select for your machine, or machines in both systems?
The difference is 3mm in diameter. The 98mm fixture is the universal size. Zirkon did their own size to limit you to their materials. Which their mill is designed to use, so their are benefits if you like their materials. The problem is if they don't advance their materials or switch to 98mm then stop making the 95mm you are dead in the water.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The Difference is between open and close systems as simple as that

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The Difference is between open and close systems as simple as that
ZirkonZahn is not closed anymore, at least in the US. And there are options for different disc, even in the 95mm size (Argen and Whitepeaks, for example). Although, I have heard different stories from south of the border...

The latest mills allow even bigger than 98mm discs. This is from their Website:

Teleskoper Orbit ⌀ 125 mm (available for the versions M2 Teleskoper, M2 Dual Teleskoper and M2 Dual Double Teleskoper): in combination with special holders, material blanks with a diameter of ⌀ 95 mm, ⌀ 98 mm, ⌀ 106 mm or even ⌀ 125 mm can be elaborated. Blanks can be removed and can be reinserted back into the orbit at exactly the same position with high-precision in μm range, e.g. for the adjustment of the friction and for Double Milling

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
With 98mm you have much more options! ZirkonZahn are the only ones using 95mm, as far as I am aware. So, many discs are not available in the 95mm size. Even ZirkonZahn realized that and offers their newest mill with options to different disc sizes.

In the olden days, you only were able to us discs from ZirkonZahn on their system. That has changed, thankfully.
Yeah,thank you. I guess 98mm system is more convenient. :)

L

Lamber Tran

Reaction score
If you like to pay 200+ usd for your zirconia discs while you can have for half the price with open system use 98mm blocks.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you like to pay 200+ usd for your zirconia discs while you can have for half the price with open system use 98mm blocks.
What mill and zirconia are you currently using?

Top Bottom