9+ d.Sign build-up

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I finally got this done for the folks that requested it, sorry it took so long, I've been busy. Hope you all get something out of it, if not, that's cool too....lol

9 powder build up

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Rob nice write up, on a side note I notice that the substructures in the pictures seem to be under supportive in marginal ridge areas. I am real anal and fight with my techs daily about the importance of proper support on all metal ceramic cases.

I also know that those photos probably do not do those crowns justice and the extra work for multiple powders most definitely would be more appreciated when one is looking at it in their hand.

magushnik

magushnik

Reaction score
nice work rob, curious as to what you charge for a regular base metal crown.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
seem to be under supportive in marginal ridge areas.

you're correct, it was a little, if it was anything other than Captek I may have built them out a little more....As for the pictures and holding it in your hand.......you're so right.....it looked much more beautiful in my hand.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hey Teach, thanks for the write up. Are you going to charge the Docs wife for her crns??

You might want to recomend to the readers to be careful not to do too much tap tap or vibrating and blotting or it will blend all your different powders together.

You dont seal your models? I seal my contacts and opposing with liquid floor wax. I keep some in an old porc bottle and use a Qtip to apply it. I keeps the models from sucking all the moisture out of my buildup.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Liquid floor wax? Is this something that a home improvement store would have?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Al, Doc's wife.....haven't decided, most likely not, and as for your floor wax......I do that when I have to use bases (orbix) style of model work or if I'm using semi-adjustable articulators (stratus or hanau). I'll use the floor wax as separator and paint on the die side before I pour the bases....works good....also looks shiny as well. As for using it on my models, I like when the models absorbs the moisture....less I have to blot with my tissue...and who "taps" anymore, that's for stackers(spatula types) not builders (brush types).....lol

yes Travis....any kind works...

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hey Rob,
Great 9 powder hoochiee!! You should do those Pictures in crowns as well. It's your place, it's your talent, it's your specialty, focus.

Travis,
Man....you still looking for some type of separator or what!!??!! FLOOR WAX??!!!