8 unit anterior veneers

M

mcfly

Reaction score
I have a 8 unit anterior coming in this week ,only problem is i am getting job on thursday at 2pm and it must be finished by next day at 5pm
I would love to do the veneers layered but i feel my time constraint is such that i will have to wax full contour and stain !
The shade is approx an A3 should i use an A2 HT ingot and then stain ,Will this look ok for an anterior?Or should i rather just layer the centrals and laterals and leave canines and premolars full contour?
thanks

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ever heard of 'NO'? For that kind of magic and changing of schedule for everything else in the lab, ...tell the Doctor that hes not going to be getting your best work and it should cost at least double.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Use a Value ingot and stain

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If there veneers=s thin, having a prep shade would be critical to know what opacity/translucency ingot to use, and stain a HT ingot. The Dr needs to understand that in all likelihood, it will be a stain tech veneers, and not layered, unless you want to work through the night and charge him accordingly. Give him the options, and let him decide what it's worth to him, and the patient.

edit: a value ingot may be a good call on Doug's part, as it would be a little more Inc. looking, and have a bit more opacity to block out a prep shade that a HT may not be able to do.

Last edited:
ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Depending on prep shade... I'd use HTA2 on 6 & 11 and HTA1 on 5,12,7,8,9,10, Value ingots are to high in value to hit the A3 mark in my book.. A3 shouldn't be high in value ;) Design, Mill, Crystallize and Stain & Glaze.. it would save you B#$% load of time.. Design is the key!! ;) I love designing anteriors with 3Shape

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Who the heck is getting 8 veneers done in A3 in the first place??? Confirm that's correct for starters. It may just be the stump shade put in the wrong indicator box. I bet they want A1 with A2 neck..... IMO....wink,wink...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good point. Who restores themselves to a A-3, unless they bleached down from an A-4?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Who the heck is getting 8 veneers done in A3 in the first place??? Confirm that's correct for starters. It may just be the stump shade put in the wrong indicator box. I bet they want A1 with A2 neck..... IMO....wink,wink...

A-3 used to be a pretty shade before the media conglomerate convinced everyone that we're not good enough as we are. Now-a-days you can damn near buy all the stuff in a store that people think makes 'em pretty...you just need someone to wear it all. Pills to make you skinny, buy some boobs, change your hair, colored contacts, paint your nails and your face, get tan, bleach your butt, geez. Sorry to rant...Im a Dad to daughters and just took them to the mall. Where are all the 'people'?! nothing but 13 year olds looking like prostitutes and strippers, wanna-be gangsta's and folks so fat they need special scooters just to get them up to the food court.

Sorry.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Now the Dr. I work with in taking shades have to re-assure the patients that an A1 looks "natural", just to help keep them from going to the refrigerator white look, let alone a A2 or A3.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
To quote a wise man, (even if he is a Canadian and was likely hungover when he came up with it),

"Time is the great antagonist to quality" RKM 2013

If you can't do it right in the allowed time, you need more time.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I would press it V1 and stain it if he is paying under $250 a veneer. If he/she is paying over that I'd layer an A1LT or MO1 or MO0.

For a rush like that I would add 30% to the bottom line and kindly suggest he pass that cost onto the patient.

I'm curious to know why you would put yourself through such hell? But... Would be good money if you get the extra 30% and are over the $300 mark for your veneers.

Good Luck

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Well I will be taking shade on Thursday. Dr said it was A3 but will see what the patients expectations are. When I used to work in the US I was shocked as 2 how white the patient were making there teeth (in those days everything was B1)
I don't think there is much discolouration on the tooth structure so I was thinking of using an A1 ht ingot (I usually use an ingot 1or 2 shades down) if indeed an A3
I feel value ingot is very white in the mouth, And am very cautious when using them (usually on shades B1 and lower)
Going do model work on monotrac system so I can get waxing sooner! This doc is new client so want to impress so I think I'll cut back front 4 and layer! Layering won't take long just the preparation work to get 2 that point is a lot!
Thanks guys for support and thoughts
Back to the grindstone