7 parallel abutments from trios/imes450

• Thread starter prestige.dental
  • Start date
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I doubt a closed tray impression will be much better and this is not screw retained .
I would still do open tray and use the current abutments tied together with a printed or pattern resin jig.
Cement retained is the saving grace for this case.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Ok guys this patient was a class 3 to start with and then teeth loss- bone loss made class 3 further worse and the upper bridge look like this image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

And it looks like a horizontal shelf. Looks very unnatural. What do u guys do for this kind of class 3 profile

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
This type of situation is dealt with using orthognathic surgery. This is skeletal, you will not find much success trying to correct with appliance alone.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok guys this patient was a class 3 to start with and then teeth loss- bone loss made class 3 further worse and the upper bridge look like this View attachment 21287 View attachment 21288 View attachment 21289 View attachment 21290 View attachment 21291 View attachment 21292

And it looks like a horizontal shelf. Looks very unnatural. What do u guys do for this kind of class 3 profile

I have tried to share some wisdom in this thread and hopefully you do not see this as an attack but please take these words to heart.

This case has been horribly planned from the start and thats being generous as I think there was not plan other than the patient wants fixed teeth. ALL of the issues you are running into could have been KNOWN before with a proper diagnostic. I am not talking about just the surgical planning because a lot of times we are not involved with this. Its the restorative plan that is non existent.

This case is not a good candidate for a cemented FIXED restoration. It is in my opinion a much better candidate for a free shape milled bar with a super structure for a removable appliance. Hygiene and lip support can be achieved with a much better long term life span to these fixtures. The shelf you are experiencing would be eliminated with a flange.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Soft tissue is turned off...hence the shelf ?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg This case is being planned with this design, cemented on 7 parallel custom tit abutments. Severe class case.
Gonna be tried in pmma first.

This was actually a failing full implant upper jaw case. Of the 8 upper implants only #6 and #11 could be saved and they are therefore the most coronally placed in comparison to the 5 other implants which were placed later on restore the patients upper jaw back to having teeth.

6 and 11 are giving this bridge a weird design

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Have you tried placing a pin in the stone while it's still wet. The will give extra support and the stone won't break. Just put a pin or paper clip into the impression before you pour the model

PolyuRock!!! Best stuff ever invented for this type of models. Well worth every penny, get the hand mixer with it.