Help Wanted 4Points Dental Designs Hiring 3Shape Designer

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
4Points Dental Designs is hiring! We are currently looking for a 3Shape designer who’s capable of designing custom abutments, full arch implant cases, hybrids, full-mouth virtual wax-ups, and conventional C & B cases. Experience with Millbox is an asset. This job opening is for immediate availability. Please send your resumé to [email protected], all applications remain strictly confidential.

4Points Dental Designs is:
  • Built for the future of dental technology.
  • Fully invested in scanning, printing, and milling technology.
  • E-lab Shade Management empowered.
  • Specialized in implant and comprehensive dentistry.
  • Supporting of continuing education that allows technicians to grow and maximize their full potential.
  • A clean, bright, and modern lab with an upgraded air-filtration system and windows running the entire length of the space.
We offer our employees:
  • Above industry-average salary.
  • Paid vacation plus personal time off.
  • 401K with full matching—something only 5% of US companies provide.
  • A supportive and cohesive work environment.
  • On site gym with fully with fully paid membership.
4Points Dental Design is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida—a dynamic, vibrant, and livable city; ranked among the top places to live and located near some of the best beaches in the country with dazzling sunrises and sunsets. The lab is situated one block from Tampa Bay and within walking distance of waterfront parks, a bustling downtown with numerous restaurants, bars, entertainment, arts, and professional sports.

4Points Dental Designs believes that quality of life matters and strives to make the lab a place where people want to come to work. Is it time for a change? Leave your high production lab and become a valued member of an evolving and future-forward dental lab.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This lab would be an incredible place to work at just for the education and reputation alone.
Taken from their webpage:

"Founded by Rick Sonntag in 2009, 4Points Dental Designs helps dentists grow their practices by maximizing predictablility and minimizing expensive remakes and complications.

4Points Dental Designs understands that with predictability comes profitability. Founder Rick Sontag’s in-house experience at the clinical practice at The Dawson Center gave him unique insight on what dentists want from their lab; consistent, predictable results and value-driven dentistry.

Rick achieved Accredited Technician status with the American Acadmey of Cosmetic Dentistry in 2013, one of only 34 ceramists in the world to earn this esteemed title, and one of only two in the world with Dawson experience and Accredited status".

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
How does one go about becoming the 35th? No joke. I love to educate myself as much as possible and learn from as many people as possible. I find we all get stuck in our ways sometimes and forget there are always new techniques and lessons to learn

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
All info for exams, case reports, photographic documentation and submission requirements are found on American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry website. Basically a written exam, submit and pass 3 case types and a final oral exam along with attendance of the annual meeting sessions. I highly recommend it.

Rick could tell how from his experience. I happened to still be up and see the question. Looks like an awesome opportunity that will go quickly for the position.

Last edited:
W

Willard

Reaction score
I think I heard Brad Jones or Matt Roberts talk about it years ago.
You have to present certain cases you have restored. maybe partner with a Dr. That is accredited with them
I really don’t recall the specifics.
Definitely doable as I thought at the time.
However I wasn’t that ambitious

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Car 54 and Doug. Along with accreditation I also spent 7 years as a ceramist at the in-house lab at The Dawson Center (now Dawson Academy). I've always been passionate about continuing education, the lab buys each tech their own copy of Functional Occlusion, From TMJ to Smile Design (Dr. Peter Dawson) and we try to host as much CE as we can, and we encourage techs to borrow and read from our collection of books on esthetics and function, we have a lot of them. We have some Dawson faculty members as long-time clientele so our CAD design tech's work gets shown in Dawson seminars and study clubs. This is definitely a job for someone that wants to be at the top of their game, doing things the right way for the right reasons. If you're not where you want to be professionally yet, we'll help you get there. All applications are kept strictly confidential, interviews can be done after business hours. Resumés can be sent to [email protected]. And we're looking for a ceramist as well, this position would be to take on cases that I currently do, anterior esthetics and full arch implant work as implant and case planning takes up more and more of my time.