4C Partial Dentures

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
As you could see with the bubbles it is incredibly hydrophilic? Why would you want that in a long term material, it is like a sponge for the nasty.

J

John C

Reaction score
As you could see with the bubbles it is incredibly hydrophilic? Why would you want that in a long term material, it is like a sponge for the nasty.
Im using it primarily for temp type products such as space maintainers in cases where an implant is integrating, or where a future bridge is planned but patient may need time to raise money etc. , also for low budget needs

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Ditto previous two comments, I can currently see this only being suitable for temporaries.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Well I got the first one finished and out the door.... Pt is very happy with the appliance.
I will be monitoring this case to see how it holds up and if staining or absorption becomes a problem.
The new disk out of the pack worked pretty well, i did put it in the dehydrator though for a couple hours. It till bubbled slightly, I think that may be from ome slight overheating in the vacuformer though.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well I got the first one finished and out the door.... Pt is very happy with the appliance.
I will be monitoring this case to see how it holds up and if staining or absorption becomes a problem.
The new disk out of the pack worked pretty well, i did put it in the dehydrator though for a couple hours. It till bubbled slightly, I think that may be from ome slight overheating in the vacuformer though.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on your findings. It's really helpful.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yeah I pretty much agree its sh!t,

Please be aware I have not used it seen it touched it or have anymore info other than the crap I have read on the internet so I am pretty much at the pinnacle of what an expert is.

You milage may be worse, or better depending on what you drive

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Learned long ago that someone's expertise is proportional to their travel distance.
Locals and anyone from your own state are never experts, when something doesn't make sense, get the people from across the country, and if something's really really wrong, someone from out of country.

It's universal. I don't care what industry you're in. You'll see it.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Sorry I completely forgot to take pictures of it....
The 4c acrylic is very nice to work with, good working time, and in the working stage it doesn't sag.
Also the bonding liquid they call Fuse, while it may or may not be needed it does seem to enhance the tooth acrylic bond.
It has a very familiar smell, I think it may be mostly acetone.?
Even if the flexible stuff turns out to be crap I will continue with the acrylic.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Ditto previous two comments, I can currently see this only being suitable for temporaries.
As with any product there are certain times and applications where it is a good choice... nothing works for everything.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m thinking to start using this product.
Any new positive reviews on this product?
What the most negative thoughts about it?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m thinking to start using this product.
Any new positive reviews on this product?
What the most negative thoughts about it?
Seems the worst problems known and discussed here are moisture management and near excessive absorbancy. Short term use only.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry I completely forgot to take pictures of it....
The 4c acrylic is very nice to work with, good working time, and in the working stage it doesn't sag.
Also the bonding liquid they call Fuse, while it may or may not be needed it does seem to enhance the tooth acrylic bond.
It has a very familiar smell, I think it may be mostly acetone.?
Even if the flexible stuff turns out to be crap I will continue with the acrylic.
any new updates? its been about a year since this popped up on radar. would love some long term feedback on its odor absorbing properties. was thinking this might be great for an essix style retainer.

J

Jerry Hadley

Reaction score
Well been playing around with the 4c stuff a little more......got some of the acrylic and the fuse liquid.
The bond is Very good.
The flexibility is also surprising and appears to be quite durable.

I had put one of the sample disks in the dryer and apparently it wasn't long enough.....lol... see image.
Now these disks were samples and had been in the ambiant environment for who knows how long. I called Alex and talked with him about it and he reiterated that you should store the disks in a food dryer 24 hours a day at about 130 deg. once the bag is opened.

One of the cheap 25 dollar models he said works fine, no thermostat just on or off.
Anyway I will post some pics of a finished product after I get to that point.

ive probably seen about everything since i have been making dentures for 55 years. You got it too hot, dont know what vacuum machine you are using. i have to turn the heat off and on again to prevent this. i have an older machine that doesnt get as hot and i dont have to turn it off. i do not dehydrate and it works fine. you have to stay with it and keep an eye on it while it melting. if will start smoking before it bubbles, at that time turn heat off for a few seconds then back on. the temp varys so much from machine to machine. only have about 10 in the mouth, no problems yet. i use regular self cure acrylic, no bonding and it works perfectly.

J

Jerry Hadley

Reaction score
i have approximately ten in the mouth at this time. no problems yet. yes it may be c4 instead of 4c and blow up in may face but so far so good. i do not dehydrate or use their acrylic. i use regular self cure acrylic and it works fine. I use clear disk only so i have clear clasp on everyone i make. I see no need for using pink disk. i keep my scrap pieces of the clear disk and make clasp for other partials, i use hot air plastic welder i got at harbor freight and silicone glove. cut strip, heat it adapt to model leaving plenty for retention in acrylic. works great.
most negative part is when you vacuum the disk you have to watch carefully to make sure it doesnt bubble. if it starts to smoke turn heat off for 30-45 seconds then back on, repeat if necessary. if it gets too hot it WILL bubble. CONTROL YOUR TEMP!
Keep in mind it is semiflexible. if your are expecting flexibility of a valplast type partial you will be dissipointed.. not for every case.

E

exo

Reaction score
This type of temporary partials looks very interesting. Any idea what kind of material the vacuum forming discs exactly are? PMMA? PC? PETG?

M

Milkli

Reaction score
Well been playing around with the 4c stuff a little more......got some of the acrylic and the fuse liquid.
The bond is Very good.
The flexibility is also surprising and appears to be quite durable.

I had put one of the sample disks in the dryer and apparently it wasn't long enough.....lol... see image.
Now these disks were samples and had been in the ambiant environment for who knows how long. I called Alex and talked with him about it and he reiterated that you should store the disks in a food dryer 24 hours a day at about 130 deg. once the bag is opened.

One of the cheap 25 dollar models he said works fine, no thermostat just on or off.
Anyway I will post some pics of a finished product after I get to that point.
Hi, is 4c the same material that sells qdent semi flex? Are these two different producers? greetings

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi, is 4c the same material that sells qdent semi flex? Are these two different producers? greetings
two very different materials used and processed both in different ways for different uses.

The 4c is a disc that is pressure formed like erkodent or star foils and then added to my opinion here:4c is very hydrophillic and ideally should be short term use from what I have read.

Qdent is a pourable semi-flexible PMMA that can be relined repaired and added to in the future. This I do have hands on time with amd the docs that "get it" love it and it has served me well.