4 unit lower anterior case

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
So very tough case! minimal prep. four crowns and tooth number 31 (lower left central is implant). I used Creation CT, couldn't get the color matching 100% but it blends I feel. I had complications with his diastema, very minimal prep and extremely low space on incisal! _DSC0594.jpg
_DSC0632.jpg
Feel free to ask and leave your comments!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
you did a great job with color and placement, i would've like the facials more texture and flatter. They look slightly over contoured and may have benefited to have a slight square worn incisal edges to match overall mouth. Nice work, you are an artist!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Mike2. I also would have had the left central mesial Inc with a corner. I know asymmetry is better for a more natural look, but that's me being a bit critical.

Maybe to have added a bit of Dark Rosa (DR) if the CT kit has it, in the body porc. would have helped to tone down some of the "yellow" and give it more of a red brown low value look.

Overall, it looks really good :)

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
You are right guys, thank you for the awesome comments! I always see things that I could've done to all submitted cases, unfortunately I had the basic kit from CT, only Dentine and Enamel, so was limited with the characteristic, and the lack of space made Zr yellowish colour effect the overall shade.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
H. Ross, you are so kind in receiving critiques, and I've dished some out in the last 3 or so posts of members who submitted work here. I don't mean to hy-jack your thread, but I thought you may want to see a case I did, just so you have a idea of what I've done in the past, so you can help me to see what I'm not seeing, and can improve on.

In my opinion, I should have had more primary anatomy, it all looks to flat. The upper left lateral has more Inc translucency then the right. The right lateral could have been shorter. Cuspids could have been longer. The Dr hadn't cleaned up his composite smudge marks off the labials esp. the upper left central when he seated and took the photos that day or a week later, so that's what that is.

They are 6 veneers, which had a nice background to work with, so I know what you mean, in how that can throw us, and our work off.

IMG_1035%20-%20Copy_zpsc3vvcaiu.jpg

IMG_1037%20-%20Copy_zps9orassr5.jpg

Last edited:
H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Sure thing dear I am more than happy to share my opinion with you. I see it as fantastic results and you highlighted the points regarding anatomy and length, however, the overall outcome is blending with what patient has IMO, even in natural teeth, there is no symmetry in length and colour, look how his premolars are, one with bluish incisal and the other is neutral.

Look at the black and white picture, and you will realise how transpa and and chroma messed up in his natural teeth.

IMG_1037 - Copy_zps9orassr5.jpg

The second thing I would like to add are the distal lines we create in our anatomy, while doing the work we need to imagine the outer line in distal of each tooth, as long as they are matching the other side then we will eliminate the risk of the case going back to us.

Patient eye will catch distal imaginary lines when they hold the mirror, if that was acceptable for his/her eye this will make all other mistakes forgiving. These imaginary lines are the key to get patient acceptance, and you've done this very well!

IMG_1037 - Copy_zps9orassr5.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Incredible follow up post, friend...excellent visual references and explanations, very helpful. I give you a Winner for your time, effort and the thought that went into your post.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Thank you dear, I am always glad to help!

Top Bottom