3Shape weird behavior

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
yeah, it's all very strange. After the new server and fresh install we were good for about 5 months. Then it kind of creeps in slowly with little things acting weird and then it spreads to the whole system. Makes it hard to pinpoint a time that it started and look for what changed at that point.

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, I just watched my Dental Manager act really stupid this morning. I designed a case, and went to output it (it needs an F7 to output for this manufacturer),but it wasn't in the "My Recent" OR "Designed" sections. Than I watched the "My Recent" section, each time the cursor spun and the page refreshed, one more order was added to the top of the list (sorted by date),until it caught up to the one I had just designed. The part that makes this seem more stupid is that the cases it refreshed first were ones that were designed YESTERDAY! So, there is something about it refreshing orders that have changed status going on. Each refresh that added a case to the "My Recent" section was associated with an entry in the log - "[Debug] TBrowserPreviewItemBase.CreateNewPreview - create new thread ".
We have reached back out to 3Shape, and they still have no progress, but assured us that the developers are looking into this. For whatever that is worth.

B

Ben Williamson

Reaction score
We are experiencing the EXACT same issue. Ours started last Thursday 5/9/19. It has been sent to 3shape and I'm still waiting for a response. I did a "install-on-top" of existing server to see if it would fix anything but no dice. Hope someone figures something out soon. If I get any info I will report back.

B

brmac321

Reaction score
[QUOTE="DaveId, post: 302448, member: My opinion is that this is common across much more than just the two of our setups, it just isn't that huge of an impact - so people are not complaining. We have a much smoother experience with 18.2 than 17.3, when 17.3 would do the spinning circle (refreshing dental manager) it would take much longer before you could use it again. We have also trimmed our materials, dme's, implant libraries, and smile libraries, as well as closing all orders after 14 days and archiving after 30 - with only 200 orders being shown in DM (pretty much every suggestion given by 3Shape or the resellers). I am not 100% if the newer version or all the cleaning up we did made the bigger difference to performance. But, I would suggest going through and cleaning your system out while we wait for the next 3Shape version that might correct these issues, while also bringing on the new issues.
[/QUOTE]
We had a problem with DM running very slow. 2019 recently updated. We installed a Nobel Elos library the other day and right away couldn’t open DM up. Support came on (through ivoclar) opened it up and all seemed fine. Next morning the computer wouldn’t start. Just a “repairing your computer” msg. One that I’ve never in my life seen.
Got our usual IT guy out and basically the whole computer had to be wiped clean! 3yrs worth!
Spent the whole of yesterday installing whole 3Shape systems, DMEs and phoning different manufacturers. This morning all was all good..... for about an hr then little glitches and not responding messages. Not sending to milling unit and libraries not acting like they should!
Left work at 5 tonight as they think there is a serious error with our 3Shape and nothing can be done till Tuesday! (Bank holiday weekend)
If any one else has a recent serious 3Shape problem I’d be very interested to hear about it???

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
We got 2019 installed last night, and I wanted to report that all our issues with Dental Manager being stupid slow are resolved.
In fact, every aspect of 3Shape seems faster, though there are going to be a few bugs here and there... We have yet to encounter anything, other than one unit I designed earlier where cutting to the neighbors cut at the margin as well, but that seemed like a one-off issue, as I couldn't re-create it with another case.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
That's great news! Not to rain on anyone's parade, but that's the experience we had with 2018. Everything was great until it got weird again 3-4 months later.

I hope it's resolved. I'm off to look into updating...

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
We are a week into using 2019, and I have only found a few small bugs, none that cause the level of headaches that 2018 did. They are:
1. Every so often (unable to reliably reproduce this one) when opening a case to design the sliders are missing on the right. This means you can't toggle the models, thickness, etc. Closing and reopening the case works.
2. On cases with a screw-retained crown and a standard preparation crown I have been unable to cut the contacts, however I can simply add material using the "Neighboring teeth undercut" option to get precisely cut contacts.

Those are the only ones I can think of, so I would suggest if you are suffering with 2018, upgrade.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
is 2019 still holding steady or have any of the old issues shown back up?

B

brmac321

Reaction score
I’m having all sorts of Radom glitches. It’s starting to become intolerable!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm still doing great with 18.2

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Didn't you pay for 2019? Hmmmm2

Okay, wise guy :) You've been hitting it out of the ballpark with so many excellent implant and Exo posts,
yet I'd rather hear others feedback before I upgrade. Maybe one of the democrats running for president
will promise no more 3Shape subscription fees, since they promise everything else will be free :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and free crowns for everyone!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Staring at a purple screen is hard on the eyes.

1567710886888.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I heard about that one on Rush today. I didn't realize it got that bad, yikes.