3Shape Trios

B

brgo

Reaction score
Hey guys can some one enlighten me on 3shape I have a client that would like to purchase a 3shape Trios scanner. I have exocad am I able to open his files or do I have to buy 3shape software. Can some one explain to me the actual procedure from Intra Oral Scan to receiving the digital file and milling. Does the file get sent to me directly or does it go to a third party operator who then send the file to me. How long does this take.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
You will need to buy 3Shape TRIOS Inbox with STL Export option.
You may also need Model Builder to produce model unless you have that functionality in ExoCAD.
3Shape also have an attractive package called 3Shape Dental System - TRIOS only, which contains everything you need, Inbox, Design Software and Model Builder.

Files are sent directly from the TRIOS to your Inbox, no middle man involved.

B

brgo

Reaction score
can you send me your contact details to I can call to discuss

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
You will need to buy 3Shape TRIOS Inbox with STL Export option.
You may also need Model Builder to produce model unless you have that functionality in ExoCAD.
3Shape also have an attractive package called 3Shape Dental System - TRIOS only, which contains everything you need, Inbox, Design Software and Model Builder.

Files are sent directly from the TRIOS to your Inbox, no middle man involved.

The exocad software has an optional Model Creator module.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like 3 Shape is getting ready for another big announcement in Chicago.

Any predictions?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
2014 news no? cone beam integration, auto crown placement etc etc...they will continue to whittle away at the niches of the other companies.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Auto crown placement is amazingly fast and accurate. Its shocked me the first time I saw it work.

2014 still has some annoying bugs and is finicky for some tasks. Did a full mouth with some singles and some screw retained crowns over stock abutments today. Finished the design and generated the cam only to realize I didn't punch some holes. Right click file and "Rebuild" I come back to find out it finished the build and saved a design no where near what I did in the am. I was so pissed that hours of work went down the drain. Luckily I had generated the cam and decided to manually drill the holes green and its sintering tonight. Alls good.

I also did a my first 3shape denture today milled on my mini for a mock up for a Zircon case. Scanned in the bite block and literally had the denture designed and milling in 20min. We normally do a simple set up with cheap denture teeth and then scan in the approved denture after try in for incisal placement and facial contours and morph the design for the finals. Now I have it digitized from the beginning. The new denture module works pretty damn good.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is the Trios thread.

Shade selection.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Auto crown placement is amazingly fast and accurate. Its shocked me the first time I saw it work.

2014 still has some annoying bugs and is finicky for some tasks. Did a full mouth with some singles and some screw retained crowns over stock abutments today. Finished the design and generated the cam only to realize I didn't punch some holes. Right click file and "Rebuild" I come back to find out it finished the build and saved a design no where near what I did in the am. I was so pissed that hours of work went down the drain. Luckily I had generated the cam and decided to manually drill the holes green and its sintering tonight. Alls good.

I also did a my first 3shape denture today milled on my mini for a mock up for a Zircon case. Scanned in the bite block and literally had the denture designed and milling in 20min. We normally do a simple set up with cheap denture teeth and then scan in the approved denture after try in for incisal placement and facial contours and morph the design for the finals. Now I have it digitized from the beginning. The new denture module works pretty damn good.

we have the removables module, is there another module for denture or is that just a part of 2014 removables?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I called my rep for a trial I believe its an add on to the removables but definitely only 2014. Not really sure, I had the trial points on there but it would not work with dentures until I called.

I am doing some splints today :)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
how long did it take to mill (in comparo to a skilled technician setting it up and then doing a quick cold cure)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
LOL Dentures Ex Machina LOOOOOL

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Thats a bit different. Using prefab teeth and routing them to fit is kind of cool. The 3shape module mills all the teeth in tooth shade material in an arch and then the base is milled very much the same as this article.

Times are changing

John,

Care to share some pictures? Is this being milled in a wax or PMMA?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is a Trios thread.
back to the topic please.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Since 3 Shape only sells through "resellers" you may have to get that info from them,..like maybe Rich over at CadBlu for example. You might want to check out Espe's true definition video capture scanner while your at it. I noticed that they have made it clear that they want it to be available as a completely open system and the video capture is unique and ubercool for a lot of reasons. Just sayin...

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Oh...and the trios is also ubercool