3Shape Support

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
What are you opinions on 3Shape's support staff and level of expertise? :confused: Anybody ever deal directly with them?

J

Jeff Brown

Reaction score
good ask for Lucas 908 219 4641 he has been helpful

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
3 Shape doesn't give support. That's the responsibility of the dealers. If you need IT support with 3Shape products, I can connect you with an independant consultant who is awesome. If it's support for the operation of software in and outs for dentistry......I 'd like to know who is available also.

S

Sune

Reaction score
Just drop all your questions here! - this forum provides support from daily users of 3Shape ;)

D

dr.khanfer

Reaction score
i have 3shape r700 with very nice support directly with 3shape

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
DrKahner,
What country are you located in?
In the US 3Shape dose not handle the software support. It's up to the distributors to do so. 3Shape does however help out on the hardware support.
B

Last edited:
D

dr.khanfer

Reaction score
hello bob
i am in jordan and your ditributorse should help you in soft and hardware and if you contact the 3shape company directly they will help you
dr.khanfer

3D Milling Center

3D Milling Center

Reaction score
What are you opinions on 3Shape's support staff and level of expertise? :confused: Anybody ever deal directly with them?
Hello, as a 3Shape dealer, we provide end users with level I support, like questions about software use, design problems, assisting with cases etc. 3Shape provides leve II support regarding issues with hardware failure, and warranty work. We do provide our customers with a free loaner scanner in the event of a warranty repair or replacement. If you need any help or have any question, feel free to call me at 425-227-4333. Take care, Steve.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Denturist student here...do you have an estimate for the cost of a 3 shape setup? ei Scanner software and stylus? I understand Roland will make a pmma printer compatable with 3 shape...All I will need over that is perhaps a KDF induction super neon cascom and a furnace and away we will go......Plan on using the software for partials once I get out into my own clinic.I want very much to maintain a good level of quality and at 250 for a partial fram here in Canada it might be worth my time......20-30 minutes to pattern the framwork, a hour to print it and fifteen minutes to cast it.....fifteen minutes to polish....for 250 I can recover and do well with the fabrication too. ....but that is just a dream right now....Thanks....Dan

J

JonKohar

Reaction score
Denturist student here...do you have an estimate for the cost of a 3 shape setup? ei Scanner software and stylus? I understand Roland will make a pmma printer compatable with 3 shape...All I will need over that is perhaps a KDF induction super neon cascom and a furnace and away we will go......Plan on using the software for partials once I get out into my own clinic.I want very much to maintain a good level of quality and at 250 for a partial fram here in Canada it might be worth my time......20-30 minutes to pattern the framwork, a hour to print it and fifteen minutes to cast it.....fifteen minutes to polish....for 250 I can recover and do well with the fabrication too. ....but that is just a dream right now....Thanks....Dan

Dan, I think you are greatly underestimating the time it takes to make a "printed" cast partial. There are some "fun" extra post-processing steps that some printer manufacturers do not tell you about until after you by one... Also, buying a good printer with a large platform that can accommodate partials is very expensive. I have a new high end Cadblu printer and frameworks take 8 hours to print(print time is dictated by part height). My lab has just started getting into "printed" frameworks and it is very hard/finicky. I do not think $250 is unreasonable for a high quality framework, just send it to a lab.

Jon

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
DrKahner,
What country are you located in?
In the US 3Shape done not handle the software support. It's up to the distributors to do so. 3Shape does however help out on the hardware support.
B

In Spain, too.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Dan, I think you are greatly underestimating the time it takes to make a "printed" cast partial. There are some "fun" extra post-processing steps that some printer manufacturers do not tell you about until after you by one... Also, buying a good printer with a large platform that can accommodate partials is very expensive. I have a new high end Cadblu printer and frameworks take 8 hours to print(print time is dictated by part height). My lab has just started getting into "printed" frameworks and it is very hard/finicky. I do not think $250 is unreasonable for a high quality framework, just send it to a lab.

Jon
Quite right..... Maybe I will just send it out...

Marylandfarmer

Marylandfarmer

Reaction score
Hello, as a 3Shape dealer, we provide end users with level I support, like questions about software use, design problems, assisting with cases etc. 3Shape provides leve II support regarding issues with hardware failure, and warranty work. We do provide our customers with a free loaner scanner in the event of a warranty repair or replacement. If you need any help or have any question, feel free to call me at 425-227-4333. Take care, Steve.

Steve,
We are in the process of purchasing a 3Shape setup. I am in a hospital Lab that has been making frameworks the old fassion way for many years. I am interested in being able to scan the cast, design and print the frame in house then cast and finish.
What printer would you recommend? We have been milling bridges out of PMMA then pressing or casting. I would like to get a printer that will print those files, as well as a partial now and then.
Our practice will always need to do a partial now and then mostly obturators, so they tend to be larger that the average partial frame.
Interested in your opinion.
Joe