3shape server install

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
So, I installed the 64 bit version of 2.9.9.5 on a new computer that is to be our new server. With the 64 bit the client stations could not connect to the database. After screwing around for too long, I installed the 32 bit version of the server install and everything worked.

I'd rather be running 64 bit for the server. Not all the clients can run 64. I'm not sure what the problem is. I've got windows 7 on the server and most clients. I'm running the windows updates on the server over the weekend. Maybe I was missing some .net or sql thing.

Any ideas?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am sure you have but double check your path in the control panel to your server.

Update the dongle service as well after the instal

I futzed around trying to get mine set up initially and I just had the path wrong. The fact that the 32 bit vs 64 bit is working leads me to believe its a windows thing but just double check the paths in both versions on the install see if something is off.

No fun when stuff does't want to work right.

Good luck

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll see if the updates help on Monday. The clients would get to the "connecting to database" step in the startup dialog and just hang. It was weird.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
64bit, Win 7, and 2.9.9.5 should be about as trouble free setup as you get. Sounds like Windows/permission/firewall thing.