3Shape resellers...-1

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dentsply/Compartis...the reseller where I got my first scanner. They havent sold a scanner in over a year, so theyre out. The technical rep I spoke with seemed confused.

"I know digital is big and 3shape isnt going away, but nobody is coming to us looking for a scanner".

I told him why Im getting away from mine and getting a different one. He said "yea. I hear that alot".

He went on to say that the hopes of selling scanners was to get business flowing into their milling center...but "we cant seem to keep customers there either. I dont know why people dont seem to like us. Is it our products and materials or the quality of our milling? I just dont know".

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In over a year...wow. To many better milling centers out there for them to compete against, or more and more labs getting mills? I never used them.

user name

user name

Reaction score
In over a year...wow. To many better milling centers out there for them to compete against, or more and more labs getting mills? I never used them.
Yes and yes. They sucked and they were belligerent when I complained and offered suggestions.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So why are you switching?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Move your dongle to a highly reputable reseller, argen & cap are the only ones i would trust . But why you need a reseller when you dln..........
Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Argen, cap, or maybe even Ivoclar (Wieland)?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol..ok, Paul :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Heard Amann was purchased by dentsply, thats maybe why theyre getting out of the 3shape game......

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Heard it from a member here.. thats all I know..

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
if Amann got sold to Dentsply.......then the next phase would be for Dentsply to buy CAP? i don't see that happening

until 2020

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
if Amann got sold to Dentsply.......then the next phase would be for Dentsply to buy CAP? i don't see that happening

until 2020
I can assure you there has never been a conversation or inquiry from Dentsply to buy CAP. I'm also very doubtful about the Dentsply AG rumor.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont want to be the one that started the rumor, its just what I heard.. but thats how rumors start. I guess we will see what happens.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
looking into it more, dentsply bought sirona.. so maybe it was the wrong company..

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Over a year ago my Dentsply rep told me they were no longer selling 3shape and other things were in the works. Probably the $irona deal.

K

Kat Dunham

Reaction score
I can assure you there has never been a conversation or inquiry from Dentsply to buy CAP. I'm also very doubtful about the Dentsply AG rumor.

Hi Everyone, our partners at CAP shared this thread with us and I was asked, on behalf of AG, to officially respond and formally put an end to the rumor. Amann Girrbach was not purchased by Dentsply.

According to a Dentsply press release on their website: On September 15, 2015, the Boards of Directors of both Dentsply and Sirona unanimously approved a definitive merger agreement under which the companies will combine in an all-stock merger of equals.