3Shape Renewal Discounted

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I received my email renewal notice yesterday and had a pleasant surprise.
Model Builder All Scans went down -$170.00 from last year.
Abutment Designer went down -$55.00 from last year.
and Dental System Premium went down -$200.00 from last year.

I don't know if it's temporary just for this year as far as helping out due to Covid, or if they're trying to be more competitive with Exocad.
Either way, I'll take it :)

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I think they want to stay competitive :)

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I received my email renewal notice yesterday and had a pleasant surprise.
Model Builder All Scans went down -$170.00 from last year.
Abutment Designer went down -$55.00 from last year.
and Dental System Premium went down -$200.00 from last year.

I don't know if it's temporary just for this year as far as helping out due to Covid, or if they're trying to be more competitive with Exocad.
Either way, I'll take it :)
Great news, indeed!
I think they want to stay competitive
Unlike that other company, which shall remain unnamed...
:eek:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think they want to stay competitive :)

I agree, otherwise they would have tried to be more accommodating last year when we truly needed it. Maybe it was to much of a logistics problem back then.

Great news, indeed!

Unlike that other company, which shall remain unnamed...
:eek:

Ivo......;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
tHEY DROPPED PRICING MAJORLY WHEN THEY LAUNCHT THE COMPLETE RESTORATIVE SETUP BY LIKE 1K OVER ALL. Oops sorry for the all caps.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
tHEY DROPPED PRICING MAJORLY WHEN THEY LAUNCHT THE COMPLETE RESTORATIVE SETUP BY LIKE 1K OVER ALL. Oops sorry for the all caps.

Thank you for the post Sevan, very helpful in understanding what happened.
Even though this link is from HS/Zahn, it explains it pretty concisely:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you for the post Sevan, very helpful in understanding what happened.
Even though this link is from HS/Zahn, it explains it pretty concisely:
HS/Zahn if one of the most expensive renewal fees ever, like CAP they charge extra for the support in the renewal fee. Argen dooes not.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
HS/Zahn if one of the most expensive renewal fees ever, like CAP they charge extra for the support in the renewal fee. Argen dooes not.

I think Ivoclar then into Core3d is the same way, no extra cost for support in the renewal fee. At least that's what I was told in the past, that they just charge and pass along the 3Shape renewal fees.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I think Ivoclar then into Core3d is the same way, no extra cost for support in the renewal fee. At least that's what I was told in the past, that they just charge and pass along the 3Shape renewal fees.
We bought our 3Shape through Ivoclar and now Core3D. You are correct.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yup.

R

rkycdt

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting a quote for a 3Shape bundle from WhipMix. I was surprised that the initial cost I was given included a 50% off promotion on the software. It makes me hesitant....big discounts usually indicate something is or is about to be outdated......but I guess this discount is also for current users which is reassuring. I am trying to confirm, but it also seems they are only charging the annual 3Shape fees and not charging an extra support fee.

Admittedly, this has left me a little confused - as I thought one of the drawbacks of 3Shape touted here was the exorbitant annual fees, but the fees for Exocad I was quoted - including the added support fees is significantly more.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
WhipMix has a good reputaion, including on this forum in regards to 3Shape. Continue to pursue them and let them know your concerns to help clear it up, and to give yourself some peace of mind.