3shape Question

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
K, so I finally made the switch over to designing with 2016 after upgrading my design comp. I noticed that when designing crowns side-by-side, the distant map is gone in the interproximal? I have only figured out using collision lines to see the contact area. So how do I know how tight/loose a contact is with no distant map (besides a 2D slice)?
Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
K, so I finally made the switch over to designing with 2016 after upgrading my design comp. I noticed that when designing crowns side-by-side, the distant map is gone in the interproximal? I have only figured out using collision lines to see the contact area. So how do I know how tight/loose a contact is with no distant map (besides a 2D slice)?
Thanks
Use the cut spline tool (j) then check between crowns and set desired distance and cut between the teeth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Use the cut spline tool (j) then check between crowns and set desired distance and cut between the teeth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Gotcha...k thanks Sevan

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Additionally the toolbar on the right side of the screen, measure distance to adjacent, that provides a measurement for making slight adjustments with the wax tools. I always leave it on even when I don't need it as it doesn't encumber my workflow.